Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Close to a month since the last post, are there new numbers? Did the pump and plugs get you where you thought you should be?

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
it did, but the car is at GPO in Nashville and Im in Knoxville still. I should be getting back that way to get it by the end on the week. I cant wait either. hehe

·
Registered
671 Posts
My Dyno results

what year passat used the 3 bar (mark)??? ... why is mine so retarded and needs a 4 bar?

what year passat are you running this setup on

and one last thing ... with that downpipe and exhaust on ... that alone will prob get you 300 if not just shy ... AAANNNNNNNDDDDD you have the MAF less file (LUCKY) your going to sore past 300 once you get your bugs figured out :salute:

:p (im jealous...)
(p.s. mark knows best)
How does the MAF less file run for daily driving? I was told that it was for track/strip use only and daily driving mpg's would suck
School me on this please...
Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
i woud say 90% of BT files sold on 01-up are all Mafless file, i have had mine for 1.5 year and it's perfect, excellent daily driver and track car, and you can run alot more boost. no downside at all

·
Registered
671 Posts
What's your gas mileage like with a MAF less file, as well as your A/F ratios over the rev band?

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Im not sure about the MPG. Every since the BT file was put on the MPG reads like 800 plus. Marc said they couldnt figure that part out. But its no big deal.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,711 Posts
MPG is based off of injector duty cycle, if you change the injector the computer has no idea how much fuel is actually being used, just the amount of fuel that a normal injector should use

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
that sounds about right. I have 630cc injectors so my MPG is going crazy for sure. Im cool with it tho. Its more fun having a BT then watching my MPG's. lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Um, did you happen to notice your A/F ratios in the higher rpm band? Maybe it's just me, but 14's are just asking for a rod through the block IMO. anyone want to chime in on this? preferably someone who knows tuning. and not someone who just goes by what APR or REVO or Eurodyne SAY is right.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
your prolly right. But Ive had alot done to it since them. Had and exhaust put on, fuel pump and re did all the intake piping. So I hope a lil bit of that corrects it. And I had the ECU re tuned a tweak. I gotta get a money together to see where Im at now.

·
Registered
323 Posts
man. i dunno.. prime AFRs are like 11.9ish and u went to 15! thats asking for blowing up. seriously. i have a revo chip in my car. and have developed a loud clatter now. and im wondering wtf is going on now. why does a german ecu chipping company. chip the ecus to run fricken 16-18psi when the stock turbos are innefficient after 12. so... im not quite sure whats going on here lol.

·
Registered
323 Posts
please. chime on this. because it may be different with these things. but. ive always thought that it is the prime AFR for power. i know at least in a 1.6 l turbo honda. that is how we tune it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i mean. i would love to be schooled. i dont understand. why chips are tuned WAY outside our turbos effiencey range. why a custom software has its AFRs looking like a child tuned them. and why a 1.8l engine with a gt28rs at 20psi can only make 300whp mabye. i can make 300 in my 1.6l honda with a evo turbo mroe than likely. my 50 trim build is looking for 325ish daily driven on mabye 18 psi.
less displacement. around the same size turbo (i believe but correct me if im wrong)
less psi. more power? better mpg? not making sense here...lol. school me please because i dont understand this.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
My car makes makes good power all thro any psi I set it at. But if I leave it under 21psi then I keep a steady power stream and it dont fall off like it would with 23psi.

·
Registered
323 Posts
thats not the deal.
your AFRs look bad. there all over.
out of boost a good 13:1 is good looking. at idle. a 14:1ish
in boost u want to keep it right at 11.9:1s really. but 12:1 is good to... a better AFR will result in more power. and the way your AFRs are you can make a TON more power and be MORE reliable. i dont understand that. its just odd. its also odd. that once i installed my REVO flash that my car starts developing a knock. this just doesnt make sense. at 500 dollars a flash or chip. it just doesnt seem to be the BEST u can get.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts