Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE ON PAGE 3

Now Im not too happy with the results of this. I was expecting about 30hp more to the wheel. Granted this dyno was done before I got to put on my Techtonics down pipe and Techtonics 2.5" eshaust. The car was hurting for fuel. I need to get a bigger fuel pump and Ill do it again with the pump and exhaust. The setup includes:

GT28rs
630cc injectors
3" Testpipe
FMIC
Custom Eurodyne software without a MAF
Turbosmart MBC

272 tq at wheel / 267 hp at the wheel

The result you see is at 23psi. I bumped it up to 26psi, but the power wasn't steady all the way through like it was at 23psi. So tell me what you think. I'll post the new result next week now that I have all the Techtonics stuff and fuel pump on.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Marc. Ill check it. Why cant you just be closer to me so you can do all this work for me....sheshhhh!!! lol.. Marc, Im just gonna bring u the car for a week.

·
wants you to raise up your car.
4,329 Posts
Nice! Good results but you can do better. That definately shouldn't drop that soon...get a good tuner to fix that and you'll be rippin!...not like you aren't already :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I'm saying a fueling issue, as in not enough. look at my dyno plot, full boost hits around 4000rpm then I lean out at 4800. Might want to get the a/f ratios for it. Just trying to help so you don't kill itl ike i did mine

·
Registered
299 Posts
we have seen many stock pump have no problem at 20psi but 23psi might be a problem like i told you will get you a pump check the WG rod and go from there
Marc

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Nice numbers either way.

I suggest you get it tuned. Throwing parts at the engine is one thing, making sure that it all works together in sync is another.

Good luck finding someone that can do it RIGHT. It will cost some dough...

I suggest an adjustable FPR and a pump ASAP. You need more fuel delivered faster, especially with those injectors. Just to give you example, my K04 kit came with 5 bar FPR on stock injectors.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Nice numbers either way.

I suggest you get it tuned. Throwing parts at the engine is one thing, making sure that it all works together in sync is another.

Good luck finding someone that can do it RIGHT. It will cost some dough...

I suggest an adjustable FPR and a pump ASAP. You need more fuel delivered faster, especially with those injectors. Just to give you example, my K04 kit came with 5 bar FPR on stock injectors.
he has eurodyne tune

·
Registered
373 Posts
tuning is fine keep the stock 3 bar, and get the pump.
what year passat used the 3 bar (mark)??? ... why is mine so retarded and needs a 4 bar?

what year passat are you running this setup on

and one last thing ... with that downpipe and exhaust on ... that alone will prob get you 300 if not just shy ... AAANNNNNNNDDDDD you have the MAF less file (LUCKY) your going to sore past 300 once you get your bugs figured out :salute:

:p (im jealous...)
(p.s. mark knows best)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts