Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright now, this is not making me too happy. I have my '99 Passat (that I baby like you wouldn't believe) and I had some thought about always seeing foamy substance underneath my drivers seat, but I guess I would just vacum it and shudder some choice words under my breath and consider it all a denial issue. Well, this morning I was getting my kids out of the car and I noticed big chuncks of foam under the seat............WTF, a car that I paid close to 30 G's and the seat is breaking up. Anyone else noticed this. tia

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redb5sdca said:
I dunno scuba cause I dont have any kids and rarely does anyone ride in my backseat, :roll: however I notice that crumbled foam under the driver seat all the time.
No one sits on that side. This is pretty big chuncks now, and I think after only 4.5 years this should not be happening!!!!
So, I am not the only one with this problem? :(

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
redb5sdca said:
but mine were crumbles and shavings usually never larger than, .... well like an m&m size chunk. a whole bunch of them though.
Mine to and I dont think that is ok by me. I had a Jetta GL (base-model) before my Passat that I bought brand new and owned for 6.5 years with no problems.

·
Registered
163 Posts
looks like you've got a tiny creature living under there, i would spit out the foam too if it ended up in my mouth :lol:
I've never heard of this on newer cars like yours, maybe a 20 year old car, but not a 99

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VW2003 said:
looks like you've got a tiny creature living under there, i would spit out the foam too if it ended up in my mouth :lol:
I've never heard of this on newer cars like yours, maybe a 20 year old car, but not a 99
Exactly! I have a '84 BMW and the seat is breaking up, but it is 20 years old! I would expect that :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts