Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

My Dilemma (regarding how to put on the DV valve for my car)

2K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  MRrockShow182 
#1 ·
I just purchased a Forge DV Valve from the group buy and I'd like to know what the best, and cheapest, way to make it so I can get underneath my car safely and replace my stock DV with the Forge DV.

My car is lowered with eibach springs which probably makes things more difficult. :mad:

What is the best way to do the DV valve replacement without innjuring myself or my car ???

#5 ·
Invest in the rhino ramps now, because you will be using them alot. BTW, I saw prices on Rhino ramps that were ridiculous compared to Walmart, but them at Walmart.

#6 ·
Another vote for Rhino Ramps purchased at Wal-Mart for $30 :thumbup:
You should also chock the rear wheels for safety. My car is lowered with Eibachs and the Rhino Ramps provided adequate lift when installed a new DV. Also more than enough room for oil changes. What's neat is that you think your lowered front end will scrape the ramps but the ramps are so long that the slope is gentle and you don't scrape.

#7 ·
Even with H&R sports you can ride up on the ramps to get under the car. Now, if you are lowered more then the H&R's then you will have to drive up on some blocks, then put the ramps infront of the blocks.

In my case, I put some wood planks in front of my front tires, then the ramps. That extra 1" on the board provides enough room for me to get up on the ramps without scraping anything.

HTH,
Steve

#9 ·
Slider said:
Another vote for Rhino Ramps purchased at Wal-Mart for $30 :thumbup:
You should also chock the rear wheels for safety. My car is lowered with Eibachs and the Rhino Ramps provided adequate lift when installed a new DV. Also more than enough room for oil changes. What's neat is that you think your lowered front end will scrape the ramps but the ramps are so long that the slope is gentle and you don't scrape.
I recently picked up a set of Rhino Ramps at Pep Boys for $20. Don't recall if it was a sale though.

#11 ·
Okey doke... but don't I need jack stands for that so it doesnt fall on my face, cuz the only thing O have is the jack that came with my car.
please do not get under the car with the emergency jack, it is not safe, go buy 1 20$ jack stand at like walmart or were ever, as long as it is raised on one side you will have and easy time taking off the belly pan.
get some new hose clamps to replace the one time use one on there right now, they are like 1inch clamps.

and be carefull not to hurt that cute face of yours :wink:

good luck

Alex

#20 ·
I cheat. drive the right front wheel up on a curb or sidewalk to give you the height you need, remove the plastic belly pan and voila! full access no money spent on ramps, no chance of the car coming down on you. :)

here we have 6" sidewalks at the ends of our driveways that are more than high enough(and no traffic to shear our legs off) . :wink:

#21 ·
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:51 pm Post subject:

I cheat. drive the right front wheel up on a curb or sidewalk to give you the height you need, remove the plastic belly pan and voila! full access no money spent on ramps, no chance of the car coming down on you.
very neat trick i used to do with my GTI, caus it was so f<Nen low :thumbup:

#25 ·
Hosetechniques.com, but I know someone else can help out on what millimeter it was. This hose will last forever, silicon, seems to be good quality, and comes in a variety of colors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.