Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost afraid to ask about Honda parts, but it seems like quite a few of our members have had a Honda in their past so I figured I'd ask. :oops:

Can anyone recommend a Honda site with a good classified forum?

I was talking to my cousin who drives a not-too-old Honda Civic and it turns out he has his snowtires mounted/balanced EVERY Winter & then has his all-season tires put back on each Spring! (Lives in lower, upstate NY so he definately needs the snowtires in the Winter)

He's on a very tight budget & doesn't want to spend the money on alloys.

I suggested he buy a used set of steelies and also mentioned that Tirerack.com sells steel wheels at a decent price (probably cheaper than a Honda dealer). I also suggested a junkyard for steelies.

Since he isn't in as populated an area as I am, I thought I'd try to help him out. (Why pay for shipping on something like THIS??? :crazy: Interested in a local sale only! :wink: )

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: I think I'm getting used to the SEARCH function! Found the following thread among others: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewto...stdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=honda+forums

But still would appreciate any recommendations pertaining to Honda classifieds.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've got a set of steelies sitting in my attic. 15s or 14s with a silver center cap from a Civic I traded in for the B5. They weren't used for very long and are in pretty good shape. I ended up replacing them with aftermarkets. I figured I'd keep them around for a project car but I'd imagine the car I would buy would COME WITH wheels. :p I need to get rid of them. If you plan on getting them from a website, you're going to be paying for shipping anyway. I'll sell them cheap if your "cousin" is interested. :roll:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Cav B5 said:
I've got a set of steelies sitting in my attic. 15s or 14s with a silver center cap from a Civic I traded in for the B5. ... I need to get rid of them. If you plan on getting them from a website, you're going to be paying for shipping anyway. I'll sell them cheap if your "cousin" is interested. :roll:
These really are for my cousin. We will be visiting tomorrow for my Aunt's 70th birthday, so I'll find out if he's got 14" or 15" tires.

The whole point is to avoid shipping costs and find a set locally (either local for him in NY state, or local to me in NJ) that are as cheap as possible -- right now he's using his steelies for both his all-seasons AND his snow tires. This doesn't make sense to me - multiple mounting can't be good for the inner edge of the tires.

When I find out what he has, I'll get back to you, but I'm thinking he won't want to spend the money (on shipping). So I'm thinking that if his snow tires have life in them after this winter, he should get another set of steelies for his all-seasons to be mounted on by Spring -- which gives us lots of time to look.
He lives up by exit 19 on the NYThruway, so they're gonna get hammered with snow before I do. If he hasn't had the tires changed yet, he's probably going to have it done within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ummm... there is such a thing as a search engine.... Google.com for a start...

How new is newbie?

The Dr.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spec said:
ummm... there is such a thing as a search engine.... Google.com for a start...

How new is newbie?

The Dr.
Newbie???? :???: More like Lazy! :lol:
(Tried that Google thing on this very subject in the past & got some of the same websites, plus alot of other crap!)
Besides, I rely on all my buds here at ClubB5 for their recommendations. :wink:
Thanks to those who have advice and kind words rather than just criticism! :bow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts