Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to loose my mind,

Drove to work today and noticed the cd player was skipping, comming in and out. I parked at work and when I went to leave the car wouldn't start, so i busted out the handy jumper box. It started and i began to drive and then it died. I have been having electrical problems up the butt and I replaceed the battery and the alternator. The battery is not charging but the car runs fine. I dropped the car off at the shop because i started it again and the car started tripping out. Lights start blinking at me, the car startes to stall so I kept the revs up and limped it to a parking lot. and figured it was going to stall then it idoled fine. So i drover it to the mechanics shop kepping the revs up and there it sits. Here is my question, Is there a relay between the alt, and the batt? I searched for elecrical [probs} using different searches and nothing came up.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Under the driverseat there is a box....I forgot what its called....but Ive gotten my floor wet....and had all kinds of weird issues.

It did get to the point where the car wouldnt start....dead battery simptoms....but it wasnt the battery.

When I ripped the seat out...and opened the box...it was dry and it looked fine. However the wires that went to the box were all wet. And the problem was the ground wire....I made my own new ground....cut of the coroded end....and its been good so far.

My car is still getting water insides.....and I know where its coming from.

This was all my fault....cause i ran the power wire for my stereo thru the wrong place....and I learned my lesson the hard way.....still learning it.

Good luck

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
The box he describes is the CCM (climate control module). Like he described a bad ground could be the root of your problems. maybe there. Maybe elsewhere. Good luck.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Spirare said:
The box he describes is the CCM (climate control module). Like he described a bad ground could be the root of your problems. maybe there. Maybe elsewhere. Good luck.
BTW, I brought it to the dealer....to see what the would say...and they told me I need a whole new box....$500+

I nicely told them to FU...

I would take it to Autozone...see if they can find anything wrong first.

And then my friend....the advice Ive been telling you about even before you got the ATP kit......K04 chip....or different software.

VAG would help. I know a guy that borrows the real $5k VAG from the dealer that he works at.....would you be able to get it down to CT?...once its driveble. You might want to ask him to take a look at it....and do some testing just to see how everything looks.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
146 Posts
Actually I think it's on the driver's side.

Anyway, if you don't think the CCM has gotten wet, you may want to try the cabling between the alternator and the battery.

I had a GTI that had the battery idiot light faintly glowing. I figured it was the alternator. As I was driving to find a place to pull over the car dies out.

I get an alternator figuring that was the problem.

I install it on the side of the road, jump the car, but no charging. The car dies out again.

It turned out to be the cable from the alternator to the battery. VW tie-wrapped it so well to other cables that it was actually broken (rusted) at the bolt ring. I didn't come across it until I started ripping things apart :mad: .

I've learned to look at the simplest and cheapest parts first.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
VWPassatGLX155 said:
Comfort Control Module, not Climate :p
Its actually the convenience control module. :poke:

But yeah, if you take that box out, take a light hair dryer to the wires to dry them out a little, then reinstall and pad the board with a soft rag to absorb any little water drops, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THanks, Ill take the seat out and take a look.

I hope it's this simple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts