Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 99 b5 and there is a puddle under the driverseat. I dont know where it came from and it's starting to smell really really bad. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with that or knew where the leak my be. Ive re-sealed any holes that I used to run wires through the firewall. Its just under the driver's seat. I can't seem to find the source. thanks for looking..

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Check your sunroof drains
Also, check teh drians under your brake b ooster and battery.
Also, the cabin air filter and make sure that little piece of trim over the window still diverts stuff from the filter

·
Registered
396 Posts
yea that happened to me actually, but my leak was on the passenger side. it kept filling up with water slowly and made a puddle on the floor on the passenger side. It turned out to be a break in the filter seal (forgot which one- either the HVAC or oil filter). I'd recommend bringing it in to get serviced ASAP because it was corroding away some of the wires that were right near there. your not going to be happy with the bill (it was a lot), but its better than waiting until it fries something and costs you a lot more money. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
14,067 Posts
With a 99 it's most likely not the seal at the cabin air filter. (Plus his puddle is one the wrong side for that leak)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i checked the front sun roof drains, and the cabin air filter looks fine. under the battery is dry and clear...Still got a nice puddle in the rear though.. anyone else got an idea?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts