Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I bought a 99' passat 1.8T. I accidently touched the trunk light agaisst the car body and it seemed to have shorted out the alarm. because after that the car would not start and the interior lights won't come one. So far I have replaced the conveiniece control module but I have the same problem. Every thing is dead. Has something like this happened to anyone else. :mad:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car will not start that is why I purchased a new CCM, that was after I verified that it was not a blow fuse. The post your refering to, what is the title. I hope someone can help me I only drove the car for a week and I have done lots of mods to it since it has been parked for so long, and I can't wait to see how all of them are functioning. :cry:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
What mods have you performed...? Is the CCM you purchased from the same car? I apologize for not knowing that the car was not running. Will the starter even crank or does it just sit there and do nothing? See if you can contact someone with a vag-com to possibly check it out. I apologize for not knowing that your car didn't start. If all else fails you'll probably have to get it towed to a dealership. Sorry to hear. :???:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Joker I had the car towed to my mechanic (Unfortunately there is no VW dealership on my island) he called some of his friends in Puerto Rico to see if they could give him an idea of what it was. After we put the new CCM in the car I got some of the functions back but the car still won't start and the dome lights won't work. (like I am still lost) the mechanic put the scan tool on the car and got a code for a malfuntioning microswitch. I ordered the microswitch for the trunk and I am waiting for it. :???: . As far as the mods are going the list is not that long but here goes. Neuspeed 1 bar chip, tt dv, GIAC tip chip, SPR tip mod, ECS tuning W8 dome light kit, IN.PRO B5 projector beam head lights, PG Performance reostat switch and plug for headlight beam adjusters, vestac foglight kit, eibach pro-sytem suspension with rear sport OEM bumpstops, aluminum shorthy antenna, Kamei long headlight eyebrows, kamei corner winglets, caractre mesh grille, 8.5x18 speedline 2211 2pc. wheel with Kumho escta ASX tires 235/40/18 IN.PRO crystal clear lights and sidemarker lights b5.5 cowl panel, disc brake backing plates, forge motorsports aluminum coolant and oil cover in blue anodizes, katzkin smoke and pearl gray leather interior kit. MOMO grand prix automatic pedal covers, MOMO doorsills, MOMO hand brake handle and custom made boot (used MOMO boot as pattern for custom) 3spoke steering wheel with isotta cover (not yet installed I am looking for an inexpensive airbag for it) . Thats it for now. Why have put so many mods on a car that I have not drive for two months, maybe I'm :crazy: , or maybe I am trying to get B5 of the month one of these days.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So Joker what do think of my mod so far? At the risk of sounding like an a hole the W8 light is done correctly. ( I had a Corrado G60, and I took the door panels and the dome light from an SLC and wired up all the new switches into the car which none of the wire colors matched). Thats why you buy a Bently manual so that the diagram and color codes are at your diposal. I think that the new module needs to be activated (thats my theory) however the switch has a dual function, it not only turns on the trunklight but it also tells the alarm that the trunk is closed. The reason that I was messing with the trunk light in the first place was it was coming on after the trunk was open for 2 minutes. That means I needed a new microswitch anyway as I discovered in the forum only two weeks ago when I started reading every topic posted. Hey joker is your car listed on the site send me a link to it. :p

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Did you check all the fuses? There are fuses and fuseable links under the dash, in addition to the ones in the side panel. I would bet that either a fuse is bad somewhere, or much less likely, a wire is burnt open somewhere. The only thing you need to "activate" with a new CCM is the remotes. BTW, I'm looking for dead CCM's if you want to get rid of your old one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts