1 taillight bulb
1 middle brake light bulb

I just came home from spring break to find:
another headlight out
right side brake light out
a few of the little lights in the middle brake light out

AGHHH :weirdo: :mad:
sorry had to vent...

but seriously, why did my headlights burn out so friggin fast?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Loosle: I had the same problem with my 2001.5 Passat. The dealer finally told me that one of the issues is that when they replace one bulb they are supposed to replace both of them. If they don't the older one will burn out faster. Not sure if this is true, but they started replacing both at once. Last time I took the car in the service manager told me that one of the problems they were having is that they were using a different wattage bulb then they used in Germany. The wiring harness that was put in the cars requires a different bulb - one they were using in Germany, not in the USA. Hopefully, I got that right. He did say that they were switching out the bulbs to be the correct ones. For whatever that is worth.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
We use our low-beams at full-power as daytime running lights... disable your DRL's to increase bulb life. You can still switch on your headlights during the day if you think you need them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just did my upper, passenger brake light on Friday for my 2001.5 1.8T. I got 87K on the clock. Minor inconvenience for bulbs and if that's all that happens, so be it - Lucky I guess!

Also, driver upper brake, both headlights- drivers twice, drivers fog. rear plate light (R).

FWIW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts