Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Best friends have come in and out of my life since I was a boy and will continue, I'm sure, until I'm married or dead. Now being 25, and having experienced something just like that when I was about that age with my best friend, I realize that it's just how life works. Friends are forever, hormones do not. Just be there for him when things go bad and don't resent him for his uncontrollable choices. Meanwhile, you can go out and explore life(you're still young!!) with other freinds, new friends, and chicks! :thumbup: .

Years go by faster and faster, make sure you keep in touch and make time to 'catch up'

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
For what it;s worth, I know a few couples that are just like this that have been together for years. I also have a friend that get's MIA status whenever he gets a GF. If he's happy let him be happy, it's his life not yours.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
The whip is powerful, and many a strong man can be tamed by it. I have lost a couple of friends to girls.... people will always come and go in life just do your best to be a friend for now. Who knows what will happen when there over each other :roll:

nick

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
blaupassat said:
Best friends have come in and out of my life since I was a boy and will continue, I'm sure, until I'm married or dead. Now being 25, and having experienced something just like that when I was about that age with my best friend, I realize that it's just how life works. Friends are forever, hormones do not. Just be there for him when things go bad and don't resent him for his uncontrollable choices. Meanwhile, you can go out and explore life(you're still young!!) with other freinds, new friends, and chicks! :thumbup: .

Years go by faster and faster, make sure you keep in touch and make time to 'catch up'
I couldn't say it any better :wink:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Ok... i'll do 2 senario's. My co-worker Jackie (26), i've only known him for about 2 years, and about 6 months ago he broke up with this girlfriend with whom he has been dating for 7 years. He has no friends, and now has to live at home with his mom b/c his girl wanted to keep the apartment...

My brother (21) his "old" best friend Matthew stopped going out with the guys 'cause his girl needed to see him everyday... in essence he is whipped. They will probably get married, but I still feel bad for him, all of his friends ditched him, and everytime i see him he acts as if I am the only person who talks to him.

My point is, it fine to see your girl all the time, but you need to make time for your friends. If your friend doesn't have time for you, then i suggest that you either talk to him about it, or avoid him for acouple weeks so he starts to miss the B5... i mean you.

-merk20vt-

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all this advice guys. Its good to know that im not the only one whos worried about this sort of thing :)

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
merk20VT said:
...or avoid him for acouple weeks so he starts to miss the B5...
Freudian slip merk? :wink:

Anyway Loosle, don't sweat your friend. His girl has him in the palm of her hand but he's happy no? I've been guilty of getting 'caught up' with a girl myself but usually in my case it's getting caught up in work! :roll:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Wait till they go off to college. Things will change. If they can get through college together, then kudos to them... assuming they're going to the same college. If not, then you can kiss that relationship goodbye and things will go back to normal. One of the hardest things I've notice here at college for people to do is keep long distant relationships when each person is at a different school. Eventually, they'll get lonely being away from each other and "experiment".

Guaranteed :thumbup:

But if they do that and still end up together, then leave them be, it was meant to be obviously.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
It's time to move on young man ... go out and discover the female species for yourself, then make your own accessment whether you would have done the same as your friend did. Perhaps a double-date... you can have your cake and eat it too. :wink:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Loosle,

Like others have said, its not an uncommon thing. I too have friends that go MIA when they get an significant other. I agree its a pain in the ass, but usually all you can do is wait it out.

In the mean time, go rent Saving Silverman. Jack Black cracks my shit up.

Completly revelant to what your going though.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Simply and rudely put....

Vagina is all powerful. :bow: She has something you don't, and you can't compete. It is the power that draws men to be complete idiots.

Solution...Find one of your own. You will be coco for coco puffs too.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I agree

PanaSSat24 said:
blaupassat said:

I couldn't say it any better :wink:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i've been on both side of that story as i've done that to my friend and he was super pissed caus i did not spend time with him as i used to, (he's been my best friend since grade 4,and i'm now 20) and then the same thing happened to him :eek:h: , he got a girlfriend and when we talked about it he said he did not realise how easy it was to ditch your friends without doing it on purpose.

moral of the story is put yourself in his shoes, you'd probly be the same . :poke:

and it does not last forever , my girl and i have been an item for 2 years now and we make time for our friend and our alone/sex time :D :thumbup: :kiss:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts