Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Volkswagen Passat Wolfsburg edition 1.8t it’s a 2014 I’m loving the car just 2 problems with it my key fob is having to have a new battery in it every week and my down stream oxygen sensor is bad could anybody in here give me any help and feedback please and thank you .

·
Registered
1998 Passat GLS Wagon AEB , 2003 Ford Ranger Edge
203 Posts
I just bought a Volkswagen Passat Wolfsburg edition 1.8t it’s a 2014 I’m loving the car just 2 problems with it my key fob is having to have a new battery in it every week and my down stream oxygen sensor is bad could anybody in here give me any help and feedback please and thank you .
Theres a few things that can cause the battery drain, more common would be a short on the board in the fob. have you taken the fob apart and looked at the board. Any corrosion or burnt spots? did anything happen prior like dropping it or getting water on it?

What has led you to believe the post o2 sensor is bad? Measured voltage? etc. The car can run fine with a bad or no post o2, albeit your ecu will revert to set parameters and will probably see a decrease in fuel economy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts