Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started Weight Watchers a year ago, shortly after my son was born. I have had great success and just passed my 1 year anniversary.

-105.8 total.

3/4/03 = 394.6 lbs. 58" waist
3/3/04 = 288.8 lbs. 44" waist

Newest pic I have is from our vacation to Florida the first week of February. I'm looking to get down around 225-235 by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Congratulations! Keep up the good work! :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Congratulations, man! :beer:
If you don't mind me asking (since I'm looking to do something dramatic and drastic like that) how much exercise have you been doing w/ the program? Do you think going to the meetings and all helped?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Congratulations!!! That's great, especially in the cold of the "Birthplace of Vermont". See that sign on 91 everytime I head up that way. It really is something to be proud of and I'm sure the child in the picture will appreciate a much healthier Dad later in life. :)

Gig, 3 people I work with did WW and have all lost signifigant weight and are keeping it off. I am starting it too. 1 has kept 80 pounds off for almost 2 years now and another 50 for about the same time.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've been looking at some of the programs, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, Atkins. My starting point is where you are at right now :roll: I'm just having a hard time getting started and staying motivated. Any hints or tips on what kept you going?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exercise is the big key for me. If I eat on-plan, I stay about the same. But when I do my normal 2-3 mile walk 4 or 5 times a week.. then I lose a couple of pounds a week.

I've basically stayed the same weight since December because I haven't been out exercising like I should. I hatewalking outside in the cold. :D But WW meetings and staying on-plan with my eating kept me at the same weight all winter. :)

Meetings are a HUGE part of my success.. the support is amazing.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
WOW!
Great Job, keep it up man. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
:beer: :thumbup: you have already inspired many, i'm sure of it. It is already a great accomplishment, if you keep it up, think of it as a bonus.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Losing weight gradually over time is THE BEST!! the SMARTEST and the HEALTHIEST way to go!! Your body is thanking you for giving it the time to adjust! Good job!!!!! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Sporin said:
Exercise is the big key for me. If I eat on-plan, I stay about the same. But when I do my normal 2-3 mile walk 4 or 5 times a week.. then I lose a couple of pounds a week.

I've basically stayed the same weight since December because I haven't been out exercising like I should. I hatewalking outside in the cold. :D But WW meetings and staying on-plan with my eating kept me at the same weight all winter. :)

You are an inspiration to me, thought you would like to know this. I'd like some advice - I like the idea of taking walks, b/c in my current state I am not comfortable going to gyms. did you build up to those distances over time? Did you set time goals or just get out there to walk?

I might have to try the meetings too, every time I try to start, I just start to lose motivation after a week. Being in software, and the vending machine down the hall, it's too easy to just say "screw it" and grab a candy bar.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sporin - Congratulations! Having that much discipline shows how much you care about your family. :thumbup:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gig103 said:
Sporin said:

You are an inspiration to me, thought you would like to know this. I'd like some advice - I like the idea of taking walks, b/c in my current state I am not comfortable going to gyms. did you build up to those distances over time? Did you set time goals or just get out there to walk?

I might have to try the meetings too, every time I try to start, I just start to lose motivation after a week. Being in software, and the vending machine down the hall, it's too easy to just say "screw it" and grab a candy bar.

Even at my largest, I was fairly fit and would walk 2 miles no problem. I just go farther and faster now. :)

But take your time and work up the distance.. you can do it. The dicipline is the hardest part, the meetings help a LOT and I highly recommend them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
37 Participants
jomo3vw
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing