Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb_uKDfYkW0

Borrowed my friends Gtimer and had a little fun with it on an empty street.

Run 1
0-60 = 6.6
60' = 2.55
1/8 = 9.87
MPH = 76.9
1/4 = -

Run 2
0-60 = 6.35
60' = 2.42
1/8 = 9.65
MPH = 77
1/4 = 14.85

Final Run
0-60 = 6.32
60' = 2.45
1/8 = 9.67
MPH = 77.2
1/4 = 14.75

Numbers on the last run looks off....

Anyway this was just for fun, I am in no way making any claims that these numbers are accurate.

Best recorded time I got at a track:
R/T = .205
60' = 2.255
330 = 6.344
MPH = 55.59
1/8 = 9.703
MPH = 72.88

Video of the gtimer in action coming soon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from an article

We test about 80 new vehicles each year and have found the G Timer to be highly accurate. For instance, in a Nissan 350Z coupe we covered the quarter mile in 14.23 seconds at 98.4 mph, within 0.1 second and 1.5 mph of most major car magazines. Rated at 280 hp, the G Timer calculated the 3.5-liter V-6's power at 243 hp at the rear wheels, a very credible number.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My gtimer always read kinda high on the trap speed, but the ET was always just about dead on. maybe a few thousands off.

On the track I ran a 9.08 @ 81.8 in the 1/8th, and the gtimer said 9.05 @ 83........ it was consistently a few mph high. (this was in my "stock turbo" Jetta on street tires.......... I don't run the stock 99 Passat v6, it's the chill car)

·
Registered
49 Posts
well read that as "stock turbo" jetta, not "stock" turbo jetta. The car is not stock but it's still on the k03s. I would love to run it with drag slicks and the few new mods it's gotten just for giggles before this turbo makes way for new stuff.

but on topic, ya those are amazing. I used to just do launches over and over again to see what I could get my 0 to 60 at. Maybe that's why my stock clutch went so fast! Is your auto dead consistent or still hard to launch?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
still hard to launch due to wheel spin and i dont know how to control the spin with an auto

·
Registered
13 Posts
My gtimer always read kinda high on the trap speed, but the ET was always just about dead on. maybe a few thousands off.

On the track I ran a 9.08 @ 81.8 in the 1/8th, and the gtimer said 9.05 @ 83........ it was consistently a few mph high. (this was in my "stock turbo" Jetta on street tires.......... I don't run the stock 99 Passat v6, it's the chill car)
It reads high b/c it's giving you the actual mph at the end of the 1/4. At the track, the trap spped is an avg. of the mph from the last 60'.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya I'd assume an auto would be hard to launch. You let off to control wheelspin and it shifts and bogs would be my guess. How tight is the torque converter, can you brake rev it at all to get a litle power going before you hit the gas and let off the throttle?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya I'd assume an auto would be hard to launch. You let off to control wheelspin and it shifts and bogs would be my guess. How tight is the torque converter, can you brake rev it at all to get a litle power going before you hit the gas and let off the throttle?

i can brake boost for about 2 seconds then it goes back down... damn computers

everything is drive by wire

1 - 17 of 17 Posts