Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My MXV4's are ready to replace - only thing I like about these tires is the dry ride/comfort - they are crap in wet weather and are very overpriced.

Looking at the Potenza G009 and the Falken Z512. I realize both will be a step up in all performance categories, but would either be as quiet/smooth as the Mich's ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have replaced MXV4+ with Falken Ziex ZE329 M+S and now have 1,300 miles on those. They seem to be as quiet as Michelin's, but less isolated from the road (which many would say a plus). As far as braking and dry/wet traction is concerned, Falkens are superior to MXV4+. They were also better in snow, my traction control did not work all the time, like it was with Michelin's. They do not scream around the corners.

Ziex 512, according to Falken info, will be somewhat noisier than ZE329.

·
Registered
26,983 Posts
If you are not looking for top handling tire, the Kumho ASX is a decent choice. Great in the rain and quiet on the highway. Price is among the lowest around.
Handling is ok,but I tend to push it and my car is pretty heavy. My wife's Golf has them and it handles well,but it is 500 lbs lighter than my 4MO.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
check out the MICHELIN pilot exalto a/s tire .according to the tirerack rating /reviews this tire has twice the percetage/points in all categories(dry/wet/snow /ice/noise /handling compared to the michelin pilot XGH4 which we replaced the original OEM energys which were rated even less.bought four pilot exaltos 205/60-15 for under 400$,i have them appx 2-3 months .really improved handling and performance for an all season tire,if you get them make sure they are mounted correctly as they are a directional rotaion tire and michelin has 30 day tryout,free roadside ....good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts