Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had Vickie up for some suspension work the other day, but she wasn't up long. Anyway, I was wondering; the exhaust looks like it should have been dual exhaust but they gave up (otherwise she would have been an Audi :lol:). So, there is the y-pipe, two *items*, back to a straight pipe, then the muffler.

My question is, are the two items resonators? Does the car have (God forbid) 2 cats? I ask because I would like to open the exhaust up a bit and am looking at pieces I will need to buy.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
234 Posts
idk since i have the 1.8t but at least on mine the resonator weights like 50 pounds. deleting it and replacing it with a pipe will gain some performance due to the weight loss. and i've never heard about a v6 with only one muffler. lol. but like i said i have a 1.8t. find a diagram of your exhaust and post it and ill tell you what i can or wait for v6'r to chime in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
29,164 Posts
Custom is usually cheaper if you have a decent shop around. If they are good, they can even make it into a true dual exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.