Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about this. I saw it one a commercial during My Classic Car. If it does what it says it seems very good. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it.

It is supose to filter the tap water, and have a special formulated soap that sheets the water off of the car. The filter takes away lime and [email protected] that makes water spotsm and the soap sheets off the car to leave no spots. As long as it doesn't hurt the car in any way, it sounds like it is worth a try. Anyone know :???:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
A couple people over on 'tex were talking about this and didn't have any complains about how clean the car came out. The big complaint was that the sprayer nozzle itself was flimsy and wasn't going to stand up to the test of time. I've been thinking about picking one up too, curious if anyone has actually washed their car with it?

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
People over on www.autopian.com have tested it .. its a gimmic .. it does work but the filters only last about 3 washes and the *required* soap leaves a greasy film. Do a search there.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
autopian.com says i can buy the domain space, is it spelled wrong, or did the site move. It sounded like a gimic, but i just wanted to know if anyone has used it and can prove that. Thanks for all the info

·
4,974 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have it it works OK the inital filter is good for 3 washes then the replacement filter is good for 10 washes. As far as the spotless dry it works fairly well. The $20 you spend is well spent intially it works good its refills on soap and filters will cost $11 and will be good for about 10 washes. so eventually YOur spending about $1.50 a wash, so its not a bad invetment. As far as the film from the soap that goes away when you rinse off the car before you dry it off.

·
Registered
226 Posts
seriously?
it works fine if you have light dirt/dust on the car. otherwise use a sponge and soap/water and then mr clean for a clean, streak free finish - remember to wash out of the sun. you won't get as good of an effect as a pressure washer from a garden hose but it's a good product.

·
will never get a user title!!! ever.
334 Posts
seriously?
it works fine if you have light dirt/dust on the car. otherwise use a sponge and soap/water and then mr clean for a clean, streak free finish - remember to wash out of the sun. you won't get as good of an effect as a pressure washer from a garden hose but it's a good product.
Agreed ~ Havent tried it on my Black Variant but it works fine on the mk2 and my Rave Green Mk4 :thumbup:

I do however use it as a simple wash method, in between a good wash :wrench:

·
Akhristov? Hey, that guy owes me money!
1,029 Posts
seriously?
I'm not lazy enough not to wash the car by hand, but the water here has tons of calcium and the climate is very dry. You wash one side of the car, and it dries off as soon as you start washing the other... So I just wanted to see if there was anything that would help me with softening the water a bit.

Impressive......6 YEAR OLD THREAD. Oh, and we have a "wax on wax off" forum that this should probably now move into.
Haha, yeah. I'll feel a little guilty if the thread does get moved though... partly 'cause it's been in this forum for such a long time.

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
I've used it and think that NOTHING beats a spunge, good auto detail soap, and hand waxing.

Remember, hard work pays off. Short cuts don't have the same results.

·
1,029 Posts
I've used it and think that NOTHING beats a spunge, good auto detail soap, and hand waxing.

Remember, hard work pays off. Short cuts don't have the same results.
Did you read my previous post? What am I supposed to do, wash the car at midnight? :lol:

·
4,974 Posts
Actually if your using it because of hard water issues and fast drying .. look into Optimum No Rinse .. works great . Look in Utube for demos.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
My wife went nuts over the advertising, and bought a few of them. ;) I have no complaints. I run the filters through them until they cry for mercy (why change them? ;) ) and use different soaps as well. It's a nice 'quick' solution. Now the one I have came with a wash mitt, which probably makes a lot of difference, and I'm not too picky about what my car looks like.

It's a great 'quick and easy' solution, but doesn't replace a really good detail.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Why does everyone thing you don't have to wash with this product? You use it the same as any other soap and you have to use a mitt or sponge like them all as well.

I use it on my wife's Jeep and it works fine.

·
1,029 Posts
You should be washing your car in the early morning or evening anyways so the surfaces arent as hot.
It's still dry enough out here that the water evaporates like crazy.

I'll look into that Optimum No Rinse stuff.

Edit: I still think I'd be better off with something that filters the water. I even have calcification spots because I have to park the car next to lawn sprinklers. Does anything besides Mr. Clean actually filter the water?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts