Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dash displays will not cycle through the MPG info. i try to with the end of the windshield wippers but it does not work. it does show the time. the middle LCD screen also does not show the PRND432 as it should. its just blank. also, the cruise control buttons do not work either. what could be my problem/ how can i fix?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I had my instrument cluster replaced under warranty by the dealer and while halfway home noticed that the PRND432 was not displayed on the new cluster. I didn't try cruise and can't remember if MPG info was there or not. Took it back the next day and they said the programming was not right for the new cluster. Did yours just stop working? or has it not worked since you bought the car? I'm wondering whether your cluster was replaced and it needs to be programmed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i dont know. lol. i just got this car like 3 weeks ago and never checked. but since iv driven it, it hasnt worked. my dad bought the car with my money. (could always blame him lol) and the battery was replaced after the car sitting alone for a couple of days. could it be it was messed up being with out battery for a long time and need to be reprogrammed?

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,695 Posts
LeoMan319 said:
the dash displays will not cycle through the MPG info. i try to with the end of the windshield wippers but it does not work. it does show the time. the middle LCD screen also does not show the PRND432 as it should. its just blank. also, the cruise control buttons do not work either. what could be my problem/ how can i fix?
What year is your car?

·
Registered
539 Posts
It sounds to me like the instrument cluster is on the fritz. Since it's out of warranty you probably don't want to know how much it will cost to replace it. If it is like my '02 which had the cluster replaced one month after I bought the car new the key anti-theft coding is part of the deal and you will need a VAG_COM to reset the keys, odometer and other stuff, that is if you can find a good used cluster. Good luck.:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts