Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Motor/trans swap

769 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Biddy 
#1 ·
So I have an extra 1.8t awm I am about to swap into my 2002 Passat wagon and I’m just curious will I need to use any vagcom diagnoses tool for the swap it’s the same engine code and everything and I am replacing all hoses crank case breathers check valves and after this I’m going to be replacing the booster pump, brake booster master cylinder and calipers

#3 ·
I've only swapped V6 for another V6 from AHA to ATQ and ATQ to AHA. For those I've only ever used VCDS for an adaptation and a readiness test so I knew it would pass emissions to get it registered and licensed.
I'm guessing yours would be the same.

#4 ·
If you are swapping the same engine code, I cannot think of anything that would require VCDS. Maybe just to run the ABS pump after doing all the brake and booster related work.

Reactions: Urlik and Biddy
#5 ·
Sweet that what I thought I just wanted to be sure and get a few different inputs on the opinion so now that I have 3 people telling me I’m fine I’m doing it I’ll post some pictures when it’s done cause I’ve been quiet bored waiting for answer and started sanding priming and painting stuff blue so allot of it will be custom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.