Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys have dropped in some schrick 20V sticks :D what do you think of them, just wondering I have a set in the basement bought them from 16vracer off the tex.

Also anyone running a custom GT28 setup here? If so would ya share :D i'm putting one together now :wink:

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
I believe the concensus is that cams won't do much for our low displacement engine. It won't hurt, but not the best bang for the buck. Way low on the HP/$ ratio.

Let me know what you think after you install them, I am always curious how my companies products work. :D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I have a atp2 gt28r kit in my car that I am in the process of tweeking, I am using apr's 91 oct. software and waiting for v-tune to be released for the "chipped" cars. I am running Jetex exhaust with a tt downpipe, 440 injectors set to 3 bar, vr6 maf housing, stock IC for the time being. I have had some trouble with the adapter plate on the stage2, so I am in the processing of modding the stock manifold to work with the gt28. I would be happy to try to answer any q's you may have, just PM me. I have been through alot of trial and error and still have a ways to go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey dooders, My buddy sells Injectors for scott F williams but up here in canada.

I was going to go with the 380CC SiemensD, a VR6 maf housing cuz i got one from my buddy at VW for frees, a profec B, some ATP software, and custom exhaust manifold turbo piping and FMIC, and the GT28, the schricks and some other stuff. I did some calcs about the Maf Housing and it says i should be using a 3"ID (R32/S4) maf housing, but i figured to be on the safe side i'd go with a smaller run, rather run rich than lean especially to start. What do you think of the 440s? I havent decided on injector size exactly.

But i might go for the 440s a guy i know is putting down 280whp on the same turbo I have but without the cams.

can you guys post what your running and for software what version. That would be sweet.

:p

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Right now I am running with APR 91oct, dont know the version number but I just got it last Oct. The car idles as well as it ever did with the 440s at 3bar and APR software. The only problem I am having with the software is trying to stay out of limp mode. I have a mbc on order to hold me over until I can get v-tune and start playing around. I am using the VR6 housing and it seems to be running pretty well however I haven't had the opportunity to log a/f's yet. The best advice I can give is if you are putting a bigger turbo in you had better get some damn good brakes. I have really grown to appreciate my wilwood 12.1's :wink:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres a few of my mods, i have upgraded the brakes already, i actually drive a golf not a passat but i surf here because my motor is an AEB similar to many guys here. Dropped a few pics to whore, but i wont anymore. And my name is actually clay from dasfuls, not that you care/know, i'm not tom, its just a nick.

cheers

Engine:
Momentum Complete 1.8T engine swap
Neuspeed P-chip
Neuspeed Low Temp thermostat
Neuspeed Low Temp Fan switch
Neuspeed P-flow
Neuspeed Short Shifter
Momentum Front Mount Intercooler
Momentum Custom Intercooler Piping
Audi TT 225hp Intake manifold
Bailey DV
Momentum 5bar Fuel Pressure regulator
Momentum 2.5" turbo back exhaust
Momentum Cat eliminator (off road use only)
Momentum Lightened and Balanced Flywheel
Clutchmasters Stage III clutch
Kraftwerks Custom Built Transmission (wide ratio)
Quaife Limited Slip Differential w/ ARP Bolt kit
Turn 2 Front Engine Mount
FK Coilovers
Neuspeed Front Strut Brace
Neuspeed Front Sway Bar
Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar
Polyurethane Suspension Bushings
Willwood Dynalite 4 piston Calipers
Willwood 11" front rotors
Willwood Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Complete rear disc conversion
17" Kinesis K27
Pirelli Pzero Asymetrico

Mods to be installed:
Garret T-28
New FMIC
Greddy Profec B specII boost controller

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Nice golf man, what kind of manifold are you thinking? I know that there is a company somewhere on the internet that has the atp style log mani. for around $275 usd, try searching vortex for it. :thumbup: :bow:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey vist, i talked to that a while ago, but his manifold wont clear my firewall. So i'm getting a custom manifold made by Mike Schritt @ Momentum Motor Parts up here in vancouver BC. Hopefully it doesnt crack :sad:

That guy on tex has manifolds but they have external gate flanges. His name is passatG60 i think

clay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts