Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked one of these kits with the powerball4headlights over the weekend for $20 and I am impressed with the ease and the price was right. It took me longer to mask off the lights than it did to polish things up to a nice crystal clear.

Basically all I needed to do was mask off the lights with painter's tape, put the powerball in the drill, add a little polish, start it off slowly and gradually added more polish and speed until I made it around the lens. Wipe clean with the included microfiber and done.

The lights were hazy and did not have any yellowing thanks to a sanding job a couple of years ago, but the powerball and polish cleared it right up so I didn't have to go to the effort of sanding again. If you need to, the kit includes the sanding pads for "severe damage" too.

The polish that comes with the kit claims to block UV to prevent future hazing if you apply it monthly, but I'm terrible at remebering that stuff and as easy as the polish job is, I will likely just let it run its course and hit them with the powerball again.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I probably used more polish than needed and only used 1/4 to 1/3 of the bottle. The ball just gets washed with dish detergent when done so I put it away for next time.

I didn't open them but I assume the sand pads can be used until they "clog up".

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Yes. I probably used more polish than needed and only used 1/4 to 1/3 of the bottle. The ball just gets washed with dish detergent when done so I put it away for next time.

I didn't open them but I assume the sand pads can be used until they "clog up".
Make sure that thing is 110% dry before you store it. I put my big red powerball away ever so slightly dampish (dried for three days in garage) and a year later when I went to use it for the second time, it flew apart on the drill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts