Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my black lowers were starting to look like crap, so I did a search and found out about Mother's. I used it the other day, and it is great. The lowers were all dull looking, and the Mother's made them look new again.

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
do you have any before / after pics? im thinking about getting some of that..cuz my lowers are looking dull and raggedy.:icon_eek:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before

After

That's the only decent pic I got of after, they were all night pictures.
I also forgot to mention that I had gotten some wax on the lowers probably like 2 years ago, and I didn't realize that it will stay on for years. The Mother's completely removed the wax.

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
I also forgot to mention that I had gotten some wax on the lowers probably like 2 years ago, and I didn't realize that it will stay on for years. The Mother's completely removed the wax.
yea thats why i was asking. i had gotten some wax on my lowers as well..and it wont come off! well im sold :thumbup:

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is worth reapplying monthly to keep your car looking like new. I have been using it for a few years ever since i found it at Pepboys. :thumbup:

·
Superbad
1,456 Posts
back to black has to be reapplied every month or so. it gives it a nice wet look for the first few weeks then it goes away :|
just like the tire dressings to keep your tires shiny wet black, as well as to maintain your just waxed car look after it rains, you use a quick detailer spray. this is jus another good addition to the detailing routine, that im sure since we are all enthusiast over here, we take care and take pride in how good our cars look.:cool:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Peanut butter has been used for a long time for removing road tar and keeping paint/plastic looking new.

I have never used, but know people who have and it works as well as any specialty product on the market. Tastes good too.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
I noticed my black lowers were starting to look like crap, so I did a search and found out about Mother's. I used it the other day, and it is great. The lowers were all dull looking, and the Mother's made them look new again.
Plus it smells so good! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
i was gonna try the peanut butter thing but i ate it before i can apply it..its just to hard to waste that good peanut butter

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I use 303 or Griot's V&R protectant, they both last very well over time, though 303 is cheaper per use.

If they're THAT bad, there are products like Forever Black dyes that seem to do well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts