·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the via c3 chip. used to be known as CYRIX.

low end cheap stuff. nothing you'd want to use for critical work, I don't think.

I have one here. funny - it was thrown out (sitting near the trash area of my apartment complex) ;) I picked it up, powered it on, ran memtest86 and all is fine. I guess someone threw it out when they upgraded. but it DOES run xp and it DOES work.

the chip is soldered to the board. tiny little fan, too. so NO upgrades on cpu!

otoh, for a kids machine or granny's machine, its fine ;)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Or for, like you said, a DIY in dash phatnoise style stereo... Cd drive in the empty single din spot.. hard drive behind the console. wireless keyboard and mouse and a flip out screen... Sounds cool to me! You could put USB on the dash as well :thumbup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I see a Carputer in the near future :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I checked with the Better Business Bureau and saw this:

Our complaint history for this company shows that the one customer complaint brought to the company's attention was responded to and given proper consideration.

A Better Business Bureau report is based on our file information and experience with an individual company over the past three years.
So I guess the rebate could be expected even though it is 12 weeks before you get it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rebates suck.

for $50, I would not buy this. and I hate trusting rebates.

sigh.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Actually TigerDirect (TD) has a terrible rep for making good on their rebates. If you get it at all, you'll certainly get it late and not without jumping through a couple hoops.

TD = :thumbdow:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
It isn't a TD rebate it is a manufacturer's rebate.
But a $50 rebate = :thumbdow:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts