Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had a choice between a 57 trim compressor wheel, and a 64.5 on a T3/T4, which would you pick? More lag on the 64.5 due to inertia, with more top end? Or less lag due to a larger wheel to compress earlier w/ less revs?

I'm lookin' more for midrange power versus a dynoqueen top end. :lol:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If your looking for midrange power get the smaller wheel. The hot side of the turbo will due more in determining your power range.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Thanks for the help.

Its pretty hard to source a smaller turbine side...so I guess I'll stick to the the standard, and downshift more instead. :oops:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright. I've changed my mind. I think I'm opting for Garrett T25/T28s over the Turbonetics T3/T4 hybrids.

Anyone know the difference between the T25/28, GT28R, and GT28RS? :weirdo:

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
The T25/28 are old sleeve bearing units. As I understand it the difference between the GT28R and RS is just wheel trims, some lag, and 50-odd horsepower. It's really best to find an example of someone who has a setup you want to emulate because there's a googol combinations of components in the Garrett lineup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.