Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 16 shots of her, I am a little obsesive. I bought her with 9800 miles on her Tuesday and I already have 11,XXX miles :lol: HOWEVER, most of that came from the 10hr drive back from Va where I bought her. Anyways, here is the new ride in HD.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alexandria

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
sweet, ive never seen the interior of one of those things. what are your planned mods? keep us posted

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing too much. Intake, maybe a testpipe, better brake fluid, and better pads. She is going to stay mostly stock and recieve a lot of track time hopefully. Possibly an oil cooler will find its way into the mix as well.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I would love to have one of those things if it weren't for the nasty looking tach and speedo. :thumbdow:

Congrat's on your new... Honda. :p :)

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I<3myW8 said:
I would love to have one of those things if it weren't for the nasty looking tach and speedo. :thumbdow:
That's seriously the only thing holding you back? Its the most functional, useful tachometer I've ever encountered.

My favorite. The chubby bunny picture. :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is the first time for me seeing the the cluster.... :bow: I love it. Theres a red one runnin around here and the thing is ill. CF hood partially painted red, and it has this sweet lil spoiler on the back, very classy. :thumbup: :heart:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks like an awesome car! I also don't like the instument cluster though, but that might change if I were driving one for a while ;) Congrats on the new ride!! I hear those things handle very nicely :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I think the instrument cluster is one of the best parts about the car. When you rev it up to 9k rpms, they entire rpm band starts to flash at you, sorta like a shift light.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pacent said:
I think the instrument cluster is one of the best parts about the car. When you rev it up to 9k rpms, they entire rpm band starts to flash at you, sorta like a shift light.
This is true...it really is better than a tradition tach in that aspect as you can use your periphial(sp?) vision to watch for the flashing to know when to shift. Helps keep your eyes on the track. Oh, and to say it handles well is an understatement :wink: 8)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
No, the other thing holding me back is my love for the also 9K-revving wunder-machine... yep, the RX8.

I just need to test drive the S2K, though, because the RX8 just HAS me.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The RX8 is an awesome car. However, I will never own anything rotary powered, so I didn't even consider that car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts