Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so some how a heel of a certain girlfriend of mine kicked the interior of the moon roof(the part that blocks the light from coming in.... well now it wont move it tilts up but makes a horrible sound...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

is this a common problem for passats:lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

damn i miss my sunroof:cry:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
i cant help you with your sunroof problem but can you please explain how your girlfriends heel hit your sunroof :) lol

my imagination can only do so much but i believe its pointing me in the right direciton :thumbup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
i cant help you with your sunroof problem but can you please explain how your girlfriends heel hit your sunroof :) lol

my imagination can only do so much but i believe its pointing me in the right direciton :thumbup:
Hey aliencds, I am with you. This is actually the interesting question. :biglaugh:

@grayscale
Could you upload a pic of the damaged section? At least for me it's difficult to imagine what kind of damage there is.

In opposition to that I can imagine how it happened. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
it sounds like the plastic guides in the rails are broken, you can check by tilting the roof up, remove the plastic side trim covers (snap off) and look inside the guides there is plastic inside the rails guides that help the roof move smoothly, when this plastic breaks it jams the guides and the roof wont open. if this is the case there is no fix but to buy a complete sunroof assembly, no parts are available seperately. what you can do is completely break the plastic out, the roof will open and close o.k., it just will have some vertical play when in the closed position.

·
Registered
221 Posts
:O first you need to get her to give it another heel/karate chop/whatever it was.

also, please send a how foto of the repair technique so we may offer any further advice. Oh, and productive feedback, naturally... :Yikes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts