Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did any of you guys have a problem with the moon roof ?? the passat i just bought have this problem, the moon roof would open and close by it self, some times it would open and stay open, but some times it would just contantly do open close motions.
and also my girlfriends a4 does the same thing some times.
i just dont want to take the whole thing apart, may be any of you had this problem and know what it is, so i would just go for the source.

thank you :banghead:

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Is it controlled by the CCM? I can't remember.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Might be the switch. Or since it is"unalighned" it might be that the pinch sensor is making it open when you try to close it. Same way your windows are supposed to reopen if they contact something before they close all the way.

Don't ask me how to alighn it. You might have to manually close it to see if you can realighn it.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be the switch. Or since it is"unalighned" it might be that the pinch sensor is making it open when you try to close it. Same way your windows are supposed to reopen if they contact something before they close all the way.

Don't ask me how to alighn it. You might have to manually close it to see if you can realighn it.
thats what i was thinking of, but i dont think its going to help... but thank any ways..

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,507 Posts
The moonroof in my son's Audi A4 used to open and close on its own. We removed and gingerly disassembled the control switch assembly, thoroughly cleaned its contacts and resistive plate, bent the contacts downward to increase their tension against the resistive plate, and reassembled. It has worked like a champ ever since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm wondering if this is the same problem I am occasionally experiencing. On three separate days, usually weeks or months apart. I will come out of work and my moon roof will be popped up, not slid back. I check the rotating switch and it is in the closed position. To fix this I turn the switch to pop the moon roof up then back to close. It closed with no problem and will stay that way for weeks or months. :hmmm:

2002 Passat VR6 4 Motion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts