Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of Monster Mats from Drewparts. I asked Jason (cool guy) whether or not he sold nipples with the mats (I have a couple missing in the front driver/pass sides). He transferred me to VW parts and the person I talked to told me that the mats come with the nipples and all I would have to do is remove the two old ones from the drive/pass sides and screw in the new ones. I'm sure quite a few people have ordered Monsters from Drew. Is this true?

Thx

CHI-TOWN GTG - Sunday May 2nd - Libertyville VW :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
When I bought my Monster Mats from the VW dealer (not Drewparts), they DID NOT come with the posts.

Jason from Drewparts should know whether or not they come with the posts, and from your statement (him transferring you to the VW parts person), I would understand it as they DO NOT come with posts.

Even if they come with new posts, and you bought new ones also, you would only be spending a couple bucks to have extra posts laying around if you ever needed them.

Just my 0.02

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just got two sets of Monster Mats for both my wife's and my Passats. They came with the female end of the plastic clip, but not the male/nipple part of the clip.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know the part# is for the nipple? If so, where can I order them from?

Thx.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
I bought my Monster mats from Drewparts. I recall that they came with the screw-in posts, but I think they were for the rear mats only. My car already had the posts in the rear, so I never used the ones with the mats. However, I seem to recall that they had the same phillips head on them like the rears. The fronts don't have the screw head on them, IIRC.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I also purchased my Monsters from Drewparts. They did not come with the male posts. In fact, the female part on my front passenger mat were installed "upside down". I had to wrestle with them a bit to remove and reinstall correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
huragantzwo
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing