Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit disappointed. I read here that Liberty VW is selling monster mats to B5 members for $68 shipped. I called them up and they had to add $20 shipping since I'm in Virginia... which just makes it the same price of $88 at my local dealership. :mad:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Where did you read this? Ive had no problems with Liberty and give them :thumbup: :thumbup: for their great service, even though sometimes they arent speedy to respond to emails (but that comes with the territory). Cite your facts before bashing them.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not bashing them, I'm just saying that I didn't get that deal that's supposedly valid. Two recent threads have mentioned this price:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70779&highlight=monster+mat*

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70855&highlight=monster+mat*

Ah crap, I think I might have called the wrong place. I called the Liberty dealership, not Liberty Auto Plaza. Anyway I called the Auto Plaza and they said they'd have to add $20 shipping to Virginia. I'm gonna just try to get my local dealership to match this forum's posted price of $68!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I called them first, but they weren't the actual people doing this $68 deal, Liberty Auto Plaza (800-224-4153) was. They were still willing to match that price though, so all of you who are near Liberty, IL can get a sweet deal from either place!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
There are 2 dealerships in Libertyville IL that are named "LIBERTY". They are:

LIBERTY AUTO PLAZA aka LIBERTY IMPORT CENTER /aka Liberty VW - Uncle Timmy's place - CB5 sponsor - the one we all :heart: . They are also Nissan and Kia dealers. 847-680 8000

LIBERTY AUTO CITY is the other dealer. They are Subaru, Jeep, Buick, Mazda, Hyundai (that's all I think).

OOPS :oops: I got these completely wrong in my earlier post - and I'm local ... :oops: Thanks Julian!

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
That's fine, that's the same place. just their 800 number vs. their local number.

odd...and you asked to speak with VW parts? send a pm to blownaway (tim hayes - the man to deal with at liberty) to confirm you get the right parts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Liberty's pricing is now the same as Drew Parts. No more 10% over cost but we still get the 20% discount. This is what it worked out to on the last couple of items I purchased. I still like dealing with them and will continue to do so. I don't think Rich is working there anymore (getting married & moving). I dealt with Jim Bohr (excellent also).

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I picked up my set of monster mats from my local dealer, the parts guy said to just cut them off the cardboard hanger with a utility knife. :shock:
I'm the type of person who likes to investigate things before I do something I might regret. Anyway, I pulled the packing staples out to leave the mounting tabs in place on all four mats. I test fitted the rear mats, and the tab makes for a decent kick guard just below the door on the edge of the footwell. :thumbup:
The tabs on the front mats would be way up on the top of the mats where I don't think my or my passengers feet will be, so I did cut those off.

·
Registered
902 Posts
MikeVW said:
Liberty's pricing is now the same as Drew Parts. No more 10% over cost but we still get the 20% discount.
Weird, I thought competition lowered prices.. Maybe they had a merger. :lol:

·
Registered
277 Posts
It was ME and I did get Monsters for 68.XX INCLUDING SHIPPING :poke:

I cant speak for them but I am SURE they wouldn't be out to take advantage of you.....They are DEFINITLY :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks TIM!!!!!!

Peace and VW,

daniel

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't doubt their history of customer satisfaction. I just didn't become a part of that history yet, that's all. :sad:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I don't think Rich is working there anymore (getting married & moving). I dealt with Jim Bohr (excellent also).
Its true, Rich is no longer working at Liberty. Nonetheles, the VW parts crew there are all :thumbup:.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Those damn things are actually very heavy. 20 bux shipped is about right so yes, you get a great deal on the actual price but the convenience of delivery is still gonna cost something. :thumbup: to Liberty. Did you try Drew? I believe you will get a very similar price.

·
Registered
869 Posts
bought 4 floor mats off of someone in the classifieds this past week. shipping was $10 via USPS. $20 seems about right, since fedex is usually a ripoff.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
sorry about the issue you are having, all you have to do is IM me or email me at [email protected] and I can get it handled. Our pricing is still the same as it has always been, we are just more aggressive on the GB stuff. Rich has gone, but Jim and Tom and I are still here and nothing changes...

We have gone out of our way to make sure we are the best and thats where we are going to stay...

Email [email protected] if you need anything...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
13 Participants
gnosis
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing