Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
When I got my 04 in december they weren't available. I just pried the locks off my stock mats and put them on the monsters, since i don't plan on swapping out the monsters for my cloth ones ever.

·
Registered
61 Posts
if you ordered the ones for the 04.5 they have the new oval posts.
lucky for me the wifey ordered these the same day I picked up the 4mo---

needless to say 10 days later my birthday surprise (she really got me this time) was installed in the 4mo when I came out for work...almost didn;t notice (had them in my MKIV for forever.. until I almost sat on the new 1.8t coffee mug!!!

gotta love a wifey who loves dubs as much as me....although she is wishing for a Touareg??!!!
\

·
Registered
436 Posts
gig103 said:
When I got my 04 in december they weren't available. I just pried the locks off my stock mats and put them on the monsters, since i don't plan on swapping out the monsters for my cloth ones ever.
How hard is it to pop those off, I have monster mats from my 02 and dont really feel like spending 80 bucks to replace them...Any tricks to getting them off?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I called Liberty VW to order the mats - I don't think they had an online ordering system. Liberty VW has a ClubB5 discount that is very generous. I have had no problem ordering parts through them. I think the mats were only $68 - that's about $30 cheaper than list! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
RiverRipper popping them off the stock mats is easy, just slide something flat under. Popping them off the Monster Mats is a little worse, and putting the ovals ON the monster mats is a biatch. You have to stretch the rubber and use a lot of force.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
B5_Passat said:
I called Liberty VW to order the mats - I don't think they had an online ordering system. Liberty VW has a ClubB5 discount that is very generous. I have had no problem ordering parts through them. I think the mats were only $68 - that's about $30 cheaper than list! :thumbup:
who should we be talking to...?

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Warped said:
I cannot see spending $80 for rubber mats> You can get nice ones aT Wally world for $14 for the front pair and about $5 for the rear pair. They also last for many many years.
Here is pic of the front
yeah those look like a quality fitment... :roll:

sorry, i like OEM stuff... :crazy:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
Warped said:
I cannot see spending $80 for rubber mats> You can get nice ones aT Wally world for $14 for the front pair and about $5 for the rear pair. They also last for many many years.
Here is pic of the front
yeah those look like a quality fitment... :roll:

sorry, i like OEM stuff... :crazy:
Then spend your $80 plus for shitty rubber mats for the winter :crazy:
You and your smart ass posts :roll: Fitment is good enough

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think it all depends where you live. Living in maine where we have snow season and mud season the 70 bucks I spent on my monster mats is worth it. The gaps with the generic ones will result in a lot more wear and tear and ruining of the carpeting than saving 50 bucks is worth.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Warped said:
Then spend your $80 plus for shitty rubber mats for the winter :crazy:
You and your smart ass posts :roll: Fitment is good enough
1. Monster Mats are NOT shitty. I'm a construction worker with size 13's, and I have given my Monster Mats one solid year of HARD use. And I mean rough. To this day all they need is a quick spray with a garden hose to look brand new.
2. You're right, the new guy has a lot to say since the day he joined. I think he gets the award for the most :roll: ever used.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.