·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to add a sub to my 04.5 variant w/monsoon. Here is the installed

1 12ga wire to MTX blue Pro Txunder 752 35Wx2 rms bridged to a single Xtant 10"

1 12ga ground

1 remote wire from 75x switched source under dash with a 5 amp fuse on the line

Ran the high level signal from the right rear woofer, pins 3&4 on green plug, to the high level inputs on the amp. I used a wire tap for this.

Now here is the problem.

When the amp high level inputs are connected, the right rear woofer cuts out and I have no signal at the amp. I disconnect, and right rear woofer works again.

Could this be a load issue with the monsoon? Do I need a LOC?

amp has power and it works w/ RCA input just fine.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
why did you use the 75X lug instead of the lead in the changer cable?

only thing i can think of for the woofer cutting out is the input impedance on the amp is too low. the LOC should take care of it.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Check the high level input on the amp with a multi meter, to see if the negative terminal is connected to ground. I've experienced this with a few amps in the past. Echoing everybody else, the LOC should be the fix. The monsoon outputs are "floating" and will not like being grounded...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why did you use the 75X lug instead of the lead in the changer cable?

only thing i can think of for the woofer cutting out is the input impedance on the amp is too low. the LOC should take care of it.
Because i have a blitzsafe taking up the cd changer jack at the HU, its for my sirius radio. Also, I did not feel like effing with a relay setup. I just created a fused power link to the sirius radio and as a remote wire from the 75x lug.

Check the high level input on the amp with a multi meter, to see if the negative terminal is connected to ground. I've experienced this with a few amps in the past. Echoing everybody else, the LOC should be the fix. The monsoon outputs are "floating" and will not like being grounded...
I took a multimeter to it and I got VAC fluctuations, so seems I have signal. If they are floating ground than that would explain why it cuts out and it does not work. The high level input uses common ground for L + R channels.

Thanks. I will get a LOC to solve the problem

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will do, but you'll be dissappointed. :p It is still not completely finished, gotta find a way to mount the LOC, since right now it is taped to the side of the amp.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Because i have a blitzsafe taking up the cd changer jack at the HU, its for my sirius radio. Also, I did not feel like effing with a relay setup. I just created a fused power link to the sirius radio and as a remote wire from the 75x lug.
It would have beed fine with a second source tapped onto it. Are you getting any popping or thumping when you turn the car on or off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts