Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is less than a month old and when playing CD's (I thought it was just bad reception at first), I hear static. It sounds like it mainly comes from the speakers on the upper part of the door and it is not very loud but it definity doesn't make the stereo sound like it's a "premium" system. It's been doing this since the day I brought it home. Any ideas or anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Our so called premium monsoon system has got to be the worst audio system that I ever have comparing to my other cars with comparable premium audio system. However, static during CD playing is not the norm, you may want to take it into the dealer for a quick look.

Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
My cellphone and stero have arguments when they're less than 12 inches apart.

Sounds like static - rather distinctive, patterned, intermittant static :) .

·
Registered
872 Posts
Do you hear it all the time or just when the CD loads? If the car is off and a CD is loading, I can hear a kind of static (rhythmic, almost like a drum roll). For mine I'm guessing the loading mechanism is sending some interference down the line, like when an electronic device isn't grounded correctly.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My 03's Monsoon gets scratchy with music that has higher volumes (on the recording, not cranking up the volume). Sucks. The FM reception is abysmal. So bad in fact, that my wife said (sarcastically) "nice radio, dear". :mad: My '88 Fiero's stock deck has better reception!

I also get cellphone interference, more when it's in the cupholder next to my iPod, connected through a tape adapter. Relocated the cell to the door pocket, all is fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't notice it when I load a CD. It does sound like the post above- more scratchy when the volume on the CD increases. Just sounds like a real cheap system. Anyway, the next time I am at the dealer I will have them take a look at it... or listen to it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The monsoon premium system has a amplifier in the trunk section. Did you check the wiring connection? Are your radio and amplifier properly grounded?

Is your CD player using RCA connection or using the FM modulation? If you are using the FM modulation, you may be getting interference from the FM signals.....

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
keon said:
Is your CD player using RCA connection or using the FM modulation? If you are using the FM modulation, you may be getting interference from the FM signals.....
All new Monsoon units are equipped with a built-in CD player so I don't really think there is any FM-modulation involved in this case. My '03 Monsoon CD is OK, definitely not the best but I haven't noticed any static except sometimes just a little when operating the fader button. The radio is worthless but we all know that. I would recommend taking the car to the dealer and let them figure the static out. Hey, you might get a brand new Monsoon!
:wink:

·
Registered
472 Posts
iw as just about to post about this

i have the same problem.... it crackels even at low volumes iv only had the car for 3 weeks its brand new.... i donno whats up but it kinda bugs me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts