Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my Double-Din CD Cassette Monsoon Head Unit, from a 2003 Passat GLS 1.8T, and I need to know my security code. It is supposed to be on a sticker on a card in the Audio section of my manual, but that card is blank. However, I do have a black plastic "dog tag" in my manual, with a black sticker on one side, and a white sticker on the other. The black sticker has a code on it, one letter followed by six numbers. Is this the code for my Monsoon? :???:

BTW, if you're interested, the unit is in mint condition, and it's on ebay, Item number 3076845178. 8)

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
The code should be 4 digits. If the unit is still in the car, head over to your closest VW dealer and have them get the code. They take your VIN and the radio's serial numbers and punch it ino their database and get an answer in about 5 minutes. This service is free for as long as you own your car (it says so in the stereo manual) so don't let them BS you about being charged.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The unit is no longer in my car, but I have the serial number. Can I still get the code from the dealer?

Also, what is the dog tag then? There is a white sticker on it, with a two-digit number, and a five-digit number starting with 0. Could this be it?

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
It could have a 5 digit code. Every VW radio I've seen had a 4 digit code though. If you take them the VIN number with the radio I'm sure they can get it for you. I'd take that car in as well, just so they can verify that it's your car.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts