Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a new manual shift knob for my 2002 and I came across this MOMO that is suppose to be specifically for 2002-2004 VW/Audi. Is this what I need or will the normal MOMO knobs work???? Also, what is reverse locking?

Thanks,
Vince

http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?Pid=524

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
On mine I there were three screws that screwed down then a cap that screwed to the shift knob. Is that what you were asking? Can't help you out w/reverse locking though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TX-B5.5,

Sounds like you the have the regular shift knob. How well does it fit?

Looks like the special VW/Audi knob has some sort of extra collar. I do know that the shift knob on mine has a collar w/ what looks like a metal clamp. I was wondering if this special knob was trying to simulate the stock knob.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
vinman said:
TX-B5.5,

Sounds like you the have the regular shift knob. How well does it fit?

Looks like the special VW/Audi knob has some sort of extra collar. I do know that the shift knob on mine has a collar w/ what looks like a metal clamp. I was wondering if this special knob was trying to simulate the stock knob.
Well let me first say that I have the tiptronic shift mod. When I was installing I put the collar on first then the knob and screwed it down then screwed the collar onto the knob. However I don't know it might be different on a manual and I'm sure someone else has it on here w/ a standard. Hope that helps out some at least 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
TX-B5.5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing