Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry to say that my folder was deleted and I lost all photos. I will post them again when I get a chance.

<![CDATA[I am sorry to say that my folder was deleted and I lost all photos. I will post them again when I get a chance.

[Modified by PONCE, 10:57 PM 11/21/2002]

·
Registered
678 Posts
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (PONCE)

Describe what you don't like about. The final finish looks pretty good. Is it loose when you shift? Did you put some tape arount the adapter before you put the knob on. You need to do this otherwise the knob will pivot on the grub screws.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (bulliboy)

I don't see what is wrong.... what am I missing?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (PASSAT2001.5)

Inquiring minds want to know what is wrong with it?? I think it looks great? When you put it into gear do you pull the knob up and this is when you see the internals??

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (dapperdill)

i think he may be talking about the sloppy rotational play and general lack of quality engineering on the tip adapter, the exposed parts, etc. there was a few extened threads discussing the issues a while back, a few of which were started by me.

Ponce, did you use the SRP adapter? Did you see my "fix" post? when i put mine on my first thought was WTF? this was a waste of money! Mine is 10 times better and feels "right" now.

http://clubb5.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=26768
http://clubb5.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=28443

·
Registered
593 Posts
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (dapperdill)

I cant justify spending that much money on a damn shift ball!!!!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (Unite)

Sorry to be off topic, but are those the new Cobolt guages? And were did yo get your pillar pod?????!!!!! Iv'e been searcing fr one forever know, and can't find one.

By the way, your shifter looks great.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (5150 Pa5.5at)

As far as the knob I never said it looks bad. I just am not to thrilled about the play in the damn think and also having to rig it so that it look right. I am not going to just throw the damn thing in the trash. I just don't like how it feels and when you shift it actually pulls that chrome tube out of the assembly. It feels like a home made contraption. But I definatly think it looks good. Just not when I am shifting.

The gauges are cobalt from autometer. I got gauges and pod from www.egauges.com

Thanks forr the feed back and I am going to follow up on the fix from D ZIGNER

·
Registered
678 Posts

Everyone complains about the play with the adapter. However you shouldn't have had the problem with the sleeve droping down. My adapter will be ready soon, that excess play issue will be negligiable with mine. I have to be honest its a pain in the arse to get it right though.

·
Registered
882 Posts

Sweet knob. Wait til Wal has his Tip Adapter ready. I'm holding off getting the Momo until then. I also wish I had a manual but we do have to make some sacrifices along the road.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Re: MoMo shifter instaled!! Thumbs down ;o( (MikeVW)

Wal, that's definitely an issue with the SPP...I've seen others where the sleeve falls down, and people in the boards talk about it as being one of the two problems (the other being the play from side to side...the infamous 'slop')

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

I think it looks sharp

·
Registered
580 Posts

I just put a MOMO shifter in mine and I think it looks great. In no way am I displeased with the way that it came out. I have no pics and all that I am getting from yours are X's. Sorry to hear that you are displeased though - never a good thing and I know how expensive they are.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.