Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
I hope they rescue more survivors, and pray for the children if you pray, and to all our Filipino members i hope your families and friends are safe.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Another truly tragic event in that part of the world. Up to 1,800 lives may have perished in this mud slide of grandest proportion. :(

Hopes Fade for Survivors in Philippines
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/philippines

GUINSAUGON, Philippines - Rescue workers searched a sea of mud in vain Saturday for survivors of a landslide that killed up to 1,800 people. People fled nearby villages, heeding warnings that the disaster threatened to repeat itself. Two U.S. warships and 1,000 Marines steamed toward the disaster scene on Leyte island in the eastern Philippines. They were expected to arrive early Sunday.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Were they poor?

See because if they were poor, there would be all these other Filipinos in other towns saying that those bastards knew that hill had dirt on it, and it has been raining on and off for years, and so why should we help them clean up the muddy dirt now it will just run back down the hill, and I'm sick of paying these taxes for wellfare and government handouts and just pull yourselves up by your thong straps or something sheesh

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Sharky said:
Were they poor?

See because if they were poor, there would be all these other Filipinos in other towns saying that those bastards knew that hill had dirt on it, and it has been raining on and off for years, and so why should we help them clean up the muddy dirt now it will just run back down the hill, and I'm sick of paying these taxes for wellfare and government handouts and just pull yourselves up by your thong straps or something sheesh
:confused: Isn't that a little harsh, even by sharky standards?

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Sharky said:
Were they poor?

Wow! I'll say what I'm sure many others feel. You're an asshole.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
For God's sake Sharky, how about a little respect for the dead? If you have something to say about the victims or their circumstances, the Black Hole awaits your wisdom. This thread is for sharing sorrow and regret at the loss. Get it?

Kenny

1 - 19 of 19 Posts