Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, a friend and I changed the bulbs in my headlamps - removed the stock yellow halogens and put in some Silverstars®.

Today after washing my car, I noticed the driver's side headlight is fogged up with moisture. Did my fiddling around with the bulbs cause this?

Can anything be done to stop it? :(

·
Registered
400 Posts
I though I was the only one with this problem but yes it has happens to me two especially in the morning leaving for school. i have taken it out and used my moms hair dryer to dry it up and get it out and it works but i dont know how to keep it out. i think my dad is bringing some kind of compounded home from his refinery to see if maybe it can be sealed around the outsides again i really dont know :suspicio:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
there's supposed to be a drain plug (at least on the 5.5) somewhere along the bottom of the headlights that allows moisture to escape the headlights. What I would recommend doing is taking off the back cover of your lights overnight to allow the moisture to dissipate.

I get this problem usually after going through a touchless wash....but not any other time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts