Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question, I put in a stronger chip and a TT DV, now my fuel economy went up by about 4mpg. Is that normal? I'm burning less gas than I did with the stock chip and stock DV. Not that I am complaining.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Yes, its normal. However, your foot may get heavier as a result of the increased power, thereby offsetting the benefit. :lol:

Regards,

Kenny

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kenny Payne said:
Yes, its normal. However, your foot may get heavier as a result of the increased power, thereby offsetting the benefit. :lol:

Regards,

Kenny
Lol! I'm going to have to go back to working out to keep my calf muscles even :lol: .

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Are there others saving 4 mpg? I drive 16,000 per year and that would be $150 savings per year at $1.70/ gal. (please take seasonal changes in mileage into account - my mileage is going up with Spring weather and higher tire pressures for the season)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ganseg said:
Are there others saving 4 mpg? I drive 16,000 per year and that would be $150 savings per year at $170/ gal. (please take seasonal changes in mileage into account - my mileage is going up with Spring weather and higher tire pressures for the season)
:shock:

$170/gal!!!!!

I think you meant $1.70/gal. Man, I would have to get really good at riding my bike if gas got that expensive.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was actually about to say:

:shock: :shock:

$1.70/gal!!!

Even without the decimal point typo, that's a rediculously low price. I pay $2.40/gal out here. Damnit.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Ok, ok. I'm never going to try to ask a question again! So first I said $170, then I edited to $1.70; now I remember that I usually remember the price of regular since that is what's posted. Now I even noticed I used the wrong there! Is there anything else I should humble myself about? :oops:

Now "Let's get serious." How much does gas mileage really go up from a chip for comparable driving, weather, etc? How do you expect me to rationalize this... I mean justify this without the facts?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
ganseg said:
Ok, ok. I'm never going to try to ask a question again! So first I said $170, then I edited to $1.70; now I remember that I usually remember the price of regular since that is what's posted. Now I even noticed I used the wrong there! Is there anything else I should humble myself about? :oops:

Now "Let's get serious." How much does gas mileage really go up from a chip for comparable driving, weather, etc? How do you expect me to rationalize this... I mean justify this without the facts?
Usually people see (from what I remember getting posted) 0-2mpg increases, assuming the same driving habits (which is usually a bad assumption :lol: ). I could use some extra economy, but with my foot, I doubt I'd see any increase. :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
idale
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing