Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
This is one of the best sounding and performing exhausts. I have it and love it.

As for fitment on B5.5 tip, call Autotech and ask. I put my money on it will fit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How loud is that exhaust? I am interested in the Jetex or even GReddy exhausts-- depending on which one is quieter. What were the performance gains, if any?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OCTICK said:
This is one of the best sounding and performing exhausts.......
Thanks for the bump man (and the info on the 5.5 tip)....gotta agree with you too 8) That's why I bucked up the extra $$ for this one. Was hoping I could find out who makes this muffler for Autotech and see if they make a similar one for a 3" system, no luck so far :sad: .

Anyway, as far as performance and sound, European Car did a 1.8T "Exhaust Shootout" a while back comparing 7 or 8 exhausts to each other. They compared dB (sound) and hp....the Autotech was the quietest of all that were compared and tied for number one for most ponies. Sorry, don't remember what the exact numbers where....I'll try to dig up the article and post them.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
dloemt said:
How loud is that exhaust? I am interested in the Jetex or even GReddy exhausts-- depending on which one is quieter. What were the performance gains, if any?
I can't say how much HP gains, but the Jetta for European Car (article stated above) was posting something like 14 HP. However, it was the most for all of the exhausts. It was also extremely quiet on db. The material and build is the best exhaust I have seen. The shop that put it on loved it.

As for sound, you can certainly hear it. It is a great sounding exhaust. My wife loves it and wants it for her car. She will get her wish, since sometime this year I will upgrade to a 3 inch system.

It is definetly a better exhaust than the Jetex, and in my opinion, better looking and performing than the Greddy.

HERE is the European Car magazine exhaust shoot out. It is done on a Chipped Jetta. If you car is chipped, you will probably get similar numbers. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts