Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a long time since I played with automotive electonics. (I could work mircles with the 6x9's of the 80's).
What is the difference between a single din and double din system? how do i tell which i have in my 2002 VW Passat GL?

I am wanting to add RCA aux inputs to the Monsoon Headunit in my auto so that I can play MPs from Pocket PC/MP3 player and eventually listen to XM. I currently do this with fm modulator or cassette adapter, but neither provide the finished look that i am after.

I have read some posts about blitzsafe, is this an easy install? and are there other options?
Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Single or one din is a standard sized head unit, a double DIN is twice the size, like two head units one on top of the other.

As for the other stuff, I don't have the OEM HU so I can't help you out there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Look on enfig.com and they have the BlitzSafe adapter that you can plug into the spot where you CD Changer would go and that will give you RCA inputs for the stock HU. You cannot use this option however and still utilize the changer.

JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.