Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well im just wondering is there a good site where i can get mobil 1 0w-40 by the case for a decent price and oem oil filters? :) thanks

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
do me a favor just to humor me.
type
Mobil 1 oil
in search
and look at the 5th post,
then come tell me what you see:rolleyes:

then tell them where you find it if not there:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haven't found it on the web...

The only place I've been able to locate Mobil 1 OW-40 is at Wal-Mart (not offered on their web site). Scary, but true.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i just bought 5 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-40 from auto zone not even 3 days ago. and local parts store that sells a variety of oils will have it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
advanced auto parts has it here but its 5.88 a quart and no cases. Walmart also has it and its 5.92 a quart and the vw dealer is rip off for the filter.. i got charged 17.xx for filter and crushring :O

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,507 Posts
i just bought 5 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-40 from auto zone not even 3 days ago. and local parts store that sells a variety of oils will have it.
Only the larger AZO stores stock 0W-40. The smaller ones won't even special-order it, due to "corporate policy." :(

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,507 Posts
Get a Purolator L40316. Cost the same as a Mann and have larger capacity
It IS a Mann. :) That is my current filter-of-choice, at $1 to $2 on sale at PepBoys, but it is a tight squeeze, at least on AUG and AWM 1.8Ts.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
It IS a Mann. :) That is my current filter-of-choice, at $1 to $2 on sale at PepBoys, but it is a tight squeeze, at least on AUG and AWM 1.8Ts.
No all of them, some of them are white, and some black with a sticker on them, both of these are a lighter version of the Mann and have a different top on them. I weighted them and they were lighter.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Meeting VW 502 00 for less ...

oil-store.com
QS Synth Euro Ultra 5w30 - $24.99 for 6/1qt (4.17 each, 5.53 after shipping)
Penn Synth 5w40 Euro - $25.69 for 6/1qt (4.28 each, 5.64 after s&h)

For being shipped, that's about the best I've seen.

Then again, my local AutoZone carries the stuff on a regular basis, so what do I care ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my filter at my dealer for 10.97. Yup its the big one too.
Mobil 1 at Checker was 5.99. I just needed so I didn't search around.

CSK (partsamerica.com) sells oil off there website. Ive always had good results ordering parts though the website. Going through the local stores usually has lead to problems. You can always return cores and parts to the store even if you buy online. Plus, parts are cheaper online a lot of the time. Just my .02.

I bought a flywheel a while ago. Online = 34.99 + 34.99 core
In store = 60.99 + 34.99 core

Usually free shipping on orders over $50 and they will match the online price in store too, but why bother!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, haven't done that yet.

Im usually not in a hurry for anything. So I do a little planning ahead of time and order enough to qualify for the free shipping. Otherwise Id probably do the in store pickup.

Pretty amazing the markup they have by just going in over the counter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts