Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that chipping, suspension and wheels are done I am looking to upgrade the exhaust. I would like to upgrade everything form the turbo back, except for the cat. I was considering FK, Supersprint, Brullen or Newspeed (I was told that Neuspeed exhaust has been redesigned and is now quieter). It doesn't seem like FK or Supersprint come with a downpipe so I was wondering if a Techtonics or Neuspeed downpipe could be used. I could go with a full system from Brullen or Neuspeed but I've heard of issues with quality and obtrusive sound.
My goal is a quiet system that gives optimal breathing capabilities for my 1.1 Bar Wett. A cool looking tip is also a plus.
What do y'all think? I have a 2000 GLS w/manual.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Not a bad idea if you can keep the diameter of the system consistent all the way thru. I think Supersprint mufflers come standard with dual square tips that can't be changed.

I'm thinking of switching out my TT Borla muffler for something quieter and keeping the TT DP and center resonator...

·
Registered
718 Posts
As I was leaving the local VW tuning garage in my area, I got behind the owner of the shop in his 1.8T Jetta. I believe, to the best of my knowledge, he had an APR exhaust on his car. It sound pretty sweet, nice, deep tone, not real loud, and it had a nice stainless, polished muffler with stock looking tips. I don't know if they make a system for the passats, but its something you might want to look into. If I had a 1.8T, I think its the one I would go for as I don't care much for a loud, abnoxious exhaust either, but I drive a V6, so it doesn't really apply to me. I, myself am prolly going to go with a brullen system....I really like the tips, and I've heard mostly good things about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts