Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into alternative turbo's to the eliminators. I was actually speaking with ATP turbo, trying to find out information about mounting one of thier turbo's, mainly the GT2X, using all of the stock hardware the B5 has to offer, i.e intercooler, and manifold. I currently have a performance exhaust, and I feel that the GT2X would make comfortable hp, and decent track times. I don't want a race car here. I was told that I would definately need to get their hardward, including ecu, and injectors. I'd love to get more power out of the B5 in way of turbo, but don't necessary want to switch components right now. I read that I could easily bolt on a K04 but in terms of producing hp gains, I think the K04 is not the way to go. I've seen dynos producing just over 200hp. I don't think that is worth spending $600-700 on a turbo for that. Don't want to knock any K04 guys, you would probably leave me in the dust in terms of my performance. Getting to my point, I've been searching and coming up with the DSM turbo, either the 16g or 20g. I actually found a site where they had a turbo kit for the mkII using the 16g turbo. What modifications would need to me made, or custom work done to throw on of these in the B5, with stock intercooler, and manifold. Would find software, injectors and ECU be the problem with this. Anyone know the hp gains I would see from this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts