Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· I Know Stuff
10,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of threads missing, and a number of threads that are not accessible.
It seems that the thread names and addresses have also been removed from all references, such as "latest started threads" and "Likes Received"

Also the most recent post is not shown correctly in some threads. eg:
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/v...scussion/519274-flushing-coolant-01-1-8t.html
Most recent post in thread: ylwagon, 11-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Most recent post shown in the list of threads: fishugly, 10-27-2017, 03:55 PM

Here are a few threads that I know to be missing.

Known access: Thread title

01-11-17 thread : Flashing CEL - 6 Codes - 2004 GLX 4Motion 2.8 V6 30V
08-11-17 thread : Passat drain battery with 0.8A current
09-11-17 thread : And then there were leaks!
11-11-17 thread : Fault code p1340 (17748)
15-11-17 thread : Coolant light flashing, and temp gauge also going up
17-11-17 thread : Battery Drain on 2003 GLX 4motion

LineInTheWater posted Thread: "Coolant light flashing, and temp gauge also going up"

· Registered
50 Posts
I would think that the mods know of this--no need to tell them.
Perhaps the forum database has been restored to an earlier point.
Maybe everything will be restored, or maybe we'll just pick up and lose the last week or two's posts.
I've been on a forum where everything was wiped and we had to do a complete restart--right back to post one!
If you want to retrieve information, you can do a Google search and click on the cached version.
Google caches (saves) various things, and forum threads are one of them.
I can't access my thread that I made the usual way, but I did retrieve it and replies by using Google's cache feature.
Once you put up a forum, you get many enemies: spammers that act like parasites, haters, and hackers that get their jollies from being destructive.

· Registered
589 Posts
Thank GOD I'm not losing it. I could SWEAR i had seen a thread about that nice cover that sits below the windshield where people were asking which would be the part number for the specific cover that would also fit the B5.

Yesterday when I came back to check the part number and couldn't find the post I started wondering if maybe it could just be a dream or something.

· Registered
883 Posts
No, you aren't losing it - I remember reading that thread Friday. Now it's gone poof!

This problem isn't quite new, either - I think that the troubles started about a month ago.
This thread is, well, broken:
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/b...swers-b6-wheels-fit-b5-how-open-liftgate.html
The thread is there - it even shows a recent reply (from PZ, on 10/26.) I would like to follow up with it. I can't - because that thread opens to a blank screen. :| Three different computers I've tried on (two of mine, and one at work); IE11, Edge, and Chrome - it's just blank.

· PassatWorld Elder
8,377 Posts

· Registered
1,696 Posts
If you are interested in any particular thread, in the short term while the mods try to figure it out, I highly recommend subscribing to it and setting it so notifications are sent to your email. At least you'll have most of the replies, although I believe it will only email if you have checked the thread since the last notification (?).

· I Know Stuff
10,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This site is dying fast!!!

1. Threads becoming inaccessible.
2. Edit not working.
3. Icons such as "bold, quote, link, etc" missing from post window.
4. Automatic repeat posting.
Etc

· Registered
336 Posts
I was working with moderator VAGguy for a bit to resolve the issue with my thread. It appeared fixed, but has since broken again. Has anyone had any direct contact with the admins to see if someone is working on this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Moderator/Administrator
26,115 Posts
I haven't seen an update from them since the first time it was "resolved" Following up with them.Does viewing in Tapatalk seem to be unaffected? I haven't been able to dive in lately due to work. You all that comb through the threads deeper may be able to confirm.

· Moderator/Administrator
26,115 Posts
The rollback idea sounds plausible. My signature should no longer show the CC. It nows says A4, for instance.[quote\]Glutton for Punishment: 16 A4 Sport pkg, 04 Passat 1.8T GLS Variant Manual swapped, 99 C-Red Passat 1.8T (crushed)[quote/]

· Registered
1,696 Posts
If Passatworld was a VW, the CEL would be flashing! Maintenance required immediately, pull over!

I can't tell you how frustrating it was last week to be doing my first timing belt job, with sketchy wifi, and PW constantly bugging out. :banghead: :censored:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.