Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my B5 variant in May 2006. The previous owner gave me (among other accessories) the roof rack bars and ski rack kit. The ski rack kit had never been used; it was still in an unopened box from a dealer in Madison, Wisconsin.

Problem: The kit is missing a very important piece. My local dealer tried for months (supposedly) to get a replacement part. They failed. :thumbdown

This is the kit (3B0 071 129 UA):

And this is the piece I'm missing (I have three, but need four):

Does anyone know a guy, who knows a guy, who has a uncle who can hook me up with one of these? ;) I really don't want to buy another kit.

TIA,
Tim.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
make your own, go to home depot, lowes, or hardware store. Get 2 washers roughly the same size as the square base, 1 bolt that will fit through the washer's hole, and one butterfly style nut (wing nuts).

Find 2 with a smaller hole and the same diameter as the square base of the oems

get one bolt that will fit through the washer's hole and glue it together with one of the washers

get one wingnut to secure the rack to the roof rack

so, you slide the glued bolt/washer onto the rack as you would with one of the oem parts in your picture, put on ur ski holder, put the second washer on, then secure it with the wingnut

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've considered that. In fact, I attempted to construct one back in June. It didn't fit, so I gave up. Perhaps I'll try again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts