Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to follow the steps for the write-up "Removing and Cleaning the B5 Front Cup-holder (by Bonthron)" in the FAQ section and the pix are missing!! Anyone know of any other writeup with pix or happen to be mirroring the post!! I'm not completely illiterate but a couple pix would be nice!
TIA

LINK=
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53977

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
The spring is actually on the side. You can use a small file or other stiff object to push the side spring things in towards the center of the holder. Once you have one side wiggled out, try the other. Its a little hard to get out, but once its loose, it just slips out pretty easily.

HTH,
Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve-- I must be looking in the wrong spot-- I appreciate the help but I can't for the life of me squeeze under there enough to see what that spring is being help in by!! I'll have to wait for pix!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did I hear my name mentioned? :lol:

My image server crapped out on me about a month and a half ago. I finally fixed it and moved it to another box a few weeks ago but it's a different system and all my posts to CB5 needed editting to fix this. I think I fixed most of them, but because BF submitted this one to the Information forum on my behalf, I wasn't able to edit it to fix the image URLs in it. I PM'ed him about this a week or two ago but he may be temporarily offline or on vacation.

The good news is I was able to update the original post I made that BF copied but it's in the General forum and it's about a year back. Here it is and I hope it helps – better late than never.

Removing and Cleaning the B5 Front Cup-holder

Hopefully a Mod will see this and fix the post in the information forum. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.