Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks for having me here! First of all I want to say that i searched the forums and googled my friends problem with no success. Also I posted this in noobs forum to be able to post this here (hope this does not go against the rules)

I own a passat b6 2.0 tdi 4motion from 2008, have no issues with it. I had some issues a while back with a stuck fan (it would not stop) so I had to take the battery out and close the car using the mechanical key by inserting it into the keyhole underneath the plastic cover on my drivers door.

Now on to my problem. I have a friend who has a gasoline passat B6 (not sure what year, 2006?) and this morning he could not unlock the car. I only talked to him on the phone and directed him to get the mechanical key out, and to get the plastic cover out of the way. the problem is that beneath the plastic cover there is no keyhole, only solid metal. Anyone of you ever heard of this happening? How could we unlock the car? It may have to do with lack of batteries in the remote, but if we change the battery, will the car open and work? The second key is some 200km away.

Thank you a lot for the help!

· Registered
69 Posts
Hello and thanks for having me here! First of all I want to say that i searched the forums and googled my friends problem with no success. Also I posted this in noobs forum to be able to post this here (hope this does not go against the rules)

I own a passat b6 2.0 tdi 4motion from 2008, have no issues with it. I had some issues a while back with a stuck fan (it would not stop) so I had to take the battery out and close the car using the mechanical key by inserting it into the keyhole underneath the plastic cover on my drivers door.

Now on to my problem. I have a friend who has a gasoline passat B6 (not sure what year, 2006?) and this morning he could not unlock the car. I only talked to him on the phone and directed him to get the mechanical key out, and to get the plastic cover out of the way. the problem is that beneath the plastic cover there is no keyhole, only solid metal. Anyone of you ever heard of this happening? How could we unlock the car? It may have to do with lack of batteries in the remote, but if we change the battery, will the car open and work? The second key is some 200km away.

On the driver side next to the handle there is an extension where you will find the removable cover..

· Registered
7 Posts

I Have exactly this issue with my B6 Estate ...there is NO emergency key barrel only blank Metal !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.