Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 1.8T Passat with Split Second 1.8T Boost controler.

I just pulled my fault codes and here they are:

16795 P0411 Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected

16502 P0118 Engine Coolant Temp.Circ High Input

16684 P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

16686 P0302 Cyl.2 Misfire Detected

17536 P1128 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Lean

16891 P0507 Idle Control System Higher than Expected

17521 P1113 Bank1-Sensor1 Internal Resistance too High

17955 P1547 Boost Pressure Contr.Valve Short to Ground

That is the one that is scaring me. I figure my boost controller is acting up and overboosting the engine and thus running it too lean.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I had a p0303 for a cylinder 3 misfire and it ended up being my coil pack. I got one at ECS tuning for pretty cheap. The only thing is your showing multiple cylinder misfire also. Most people will probably tell you to check your Ignition Control Module. I'll find the link and post it here.

·
Registered
869 Posts
You do not have an ICM.

2000 ATW's do not have ICM's!

I'm going to guess that you're around 50k miles or so. A new MAF will most likely cure your misfires, lean conditions, and idle control. Free replacement under extended warranty if the MAF is bad. The Secondary Air System is problematic, and useless. That is most likely a ripped hose somewhere, or bad combi valve. The rest of them might go away since lots of stuff depends on measuring the air flow correctly.

Here's what I would do if I were you:
- Run your boost controller at stock boost from now on until you can get things fixed.
- Check the wiring on your boost controller.
- Replace the coolant temp sensor. It's like a $10 part and you can do it yourself.
- Replace the vacuum lines with silicone ones from hosetechniques.com. The stock ones are absolute garbage and a source of many woes.
- Switch the #2 and #3 coilpacks. If the coilpack is bad, you'll get a misfire in Cylinder 3 now.
- Clean the MAF with some electronic parts cleaner. If you're still getting codes after this, take it to the dealer and ask them to run a diagnostic on the MAF only. Very important, because if they troubleshoot the other DTC's, they'll charge you for that. But if they troubleshoot the MAF only, that diagnostic fee should be covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 119 000 km. Funny thing is the boost controler is acting kinda wierd. Even if I turn it all the he way down it still lights up all way. That makes 14.5 psi. Even with the potentionmeter turned all the way down.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just replaced my sparkplugs and fixed a vacum leak off the front of the intake man. and I can't seem to get the car to misfire anymore. It didn't fix my secondary air injection prob but I think it fixed the misfires. The gap on the old plugs was HUGE. I set the new ones to .32 and the old ones were more than twice that maybe even three times. So far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.