Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure why it took me so long to remember to ask about this stuff, but I guess I just don't use these features very often. Nonetheless, I'd like to solve them at some point. Here's what I've got:

1. MPG measurements on the instrument cluster always read 3.6mpg. When I reset the MPG readout, it starts at 15mpg and then quickly drops to 3.6mpg again.

2. The "low washer fluid" light is on constantly. I've checked the sensor at the fluid tank, it's not getting any voltage at all.

3. The cruise control works sometimes. Sometimes it will cut out while it's engaged, other times it will work fine until I shut it off and then it won't work again for 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, who knows.

Is this indicative of faulty CCM connections or what? I hate electrical problems -- they're such a bitch to diagnose. For the record, I've never had water spill out of my vents, and I don't have a sunroof, and I've never had water on the floorboard, so I doubt I'm getting a wet short. I suppose anything's possible though. Where should I start trying to fix all this crap?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts