Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else hate the way the mirrors drip after a quick trip thru the carwash, and then sprays all over the side? and also how it drips from under the trunk

with all the little quirks they've come up with, why can't they put weep holes under the mirrors and trunk so it drains right away? heck, that would be useful in ANY car...

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
no what bothers me is that i clean my rims and after 2 hours of driving there just as dirty as before i cleaned them. Fcking brake dust!!!!

i think i need to wax my wheels maybe..or just get new wheels :(

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
My guess is holes can cause a lot of extra noise at speed.

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
no what bothers me is that i clean my rims and after 2 hours of driving there just as dirty as before i cleaned them. Fcking brake dust!!!!

i think i need to wax my wheels maybe..or just get new wheels :(
It's new brake pads you need. PBR Deluxe Plus is our "no dust" friend.

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
i think the important question is, what are you doing going through the car scratcher with your W8?:poke:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i know....i hate the spindles, and I have found a carwash that is actually a bunch of mexican teenagers that wash it by hand while you wait, so that's the good part. (I DO prefer to wash it myself, of course...)

but- the point is, theres always a little bit of water left in the mirrors that sprays out when i go to drive it

·
Registered
697 Posts
what vacuum?
the car wash vaccum. you put 75 cents in it makes a sucking noise and makes all the little things on the carpet disappear. lol if you put the vacum on around the mirror houseing it sucks the water into the vaccum therefore eliminating the drip. you do vaccum your car after a wash dont you?

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
the car wash vaccum. you put 75 cents in it makes a sucking noise and makes all the little things on the carpet disappear. lol if you put the vacum on around the mirror houseing it sucks the water into the vaccum therefore eliminating the drip. you do vaccum your car after a wash dont you?
i thought the sucking noise was just my passat... :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's new brake pads you need. PBR Deluxe Plus is our "no dust" friend.
X2

With the PBR/Axxis Deluxe Plus brake pads, brake dust is a non-event. You could change your pads today, ride around for a year (without washing) and your wheels will still be clean. These pads make that much difference.

I suggest changing the pads first, then decide if you still want to wax.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I sometime squirt a stream of compressed air in and around the side mirror assembly to get that remaining water out of there..

If not.. I get white streaks on the side of the doors.

Same thing goes for the trunk... but usually opening the trunk and wiping near the seals does the trick.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I went from a B5.5 to an Acura TL and the mirror water is even worse .. compressed air doesn't even get it all out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts