Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i assume you have to go behind the tweeter in the sail panel, but what tool do i need? any special torque bits? anything i need to know about removal?

thanks again CB5!

·
Banned
373 Posts
You need to start by removing the interior door panel. For instructions on this, refer to the instructions for the AlienTech install on Stargazer's site - http://istargazer.ca/alien_remote/remote.htm

Just stop after you remove the door panel assembly. The tweeter and its entire housing will pop off gently with a screw driver and then you can disconnect it if necessary. As for the mirror assembly it is held to the window by one torx screw of a fairly large size....I think I was able to use a 8 mm allen to take it off though. This took me all of about 20 minute to swap in a new mirror a few weeks ago.

Joe

·
Registered
879 Posts
Guys,I have the dwarf right side mirror,which I want to replace with a 175 mm one.I ordered only the base frame and the blue tinted mirror glass.My intention is to use the In-Pro chromed housings.I wander how difficult job is to mount a mirror assembling the base frame with the housing?Any DIY instructions or photos or even advices,pls?

·
Banned
373 Posts
Assuming the In-Pro chrome housing is the same shape/size and has the same mounting mechanism as the OEM full-sized mirror...which it looks like it does....it is pretty simple.

The top housing just slides down vertically onto the lower base and mirror assembly. It then 'locks in' using a tensioned steel tab assembly. Question is whether you have electric mirrors and are planning on reusing the mechanical tilt assembly? That could make it a bit more complex....if not, you should be GTG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.